Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Radar includes wrong artist with same name as desired artist

Release Radar includes wrong artist with same name as desired artist

I constantly find my Release Radar recommending songs by an artist (say A) with the same name as an artist (say A') that I might actually wanna listen to. This is extremely dumb as an issue because these two artists are listed as genuinely different artists in Spotify and the newly recommended song by a wrong artist is listed as a song of A' in the system. A reasonable conclusion is that at least Release Radar does not look into the artist IDs but just merely refers to their names. This happens to like 5 different artists to me and my Release Radar is contaminated by songs which I have absolutely no interest in. I believe this is a very basic bug that can be fixed in like 5 minutes.

320 Replies

Today I found the following song in my Release Radar. It's a crappy instrumental which has nothing to do with the mentioned bands The Cribs, Futureheads and We are Scientists.

Turnpike72_0-1713520748448.png

When I click on the names of those bands I end up at their pages, but I don't see this song. That should be a sign they did not contribute, right?

Suggested posts