Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Radar keeps suggesting artists/songs I have already disliked.

Release Radar keeps suggesting artists/songs I have already disliked.

Plan

Premium

Country

Finland

My Question or Issue

Release radar is suggesting me every week songs and artist what I have already disliked several times. This is already our inside joke to guess how many disliked artist every week we have on ours release radars. I listen mostly Death Metal and usually Armin van bruuen and other rap/dance artist are suggested to me. 

When you click I don't like artist X on realease radar, you get notification: "Got it. From now on we don't put artist X in release radar. Why you lie?

Record companies are paying to get their artist suggestions to Spotify users?

21 Replies

Hi there @pparantainen,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

The way the Hide this song feature works is that it blocks a certain track from the specific playlist on the current device. The way that Release Radar is set up is that it gets renewed every Friday and counts as a new playlist. Because of this, the songs that you had hidden in the last week might still appear in the new one.

If you'd like the feature introduced to block a song from appearing on your account, we'd recommend you take a look in our Idea Exchange and see if someone has already submitted an idea for this feature to be added and if not post your own.

Let us know if you have any questions!

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I am having the same issue. 
you used to be able to click on a button that says “I do not like this song” 

Or “I do not like this artist”

release radar is literally filled with trash - artists I despise. I don’t find a single song I can actually listen all the way through in release radar.

ots supposed to tell me of new releases of artists I actually listen to? It used to do that.

I hide the tracks I don’t like, and the playlist ends up being empty.

I am a Spotify premium user and expect better than this. Why change something that was working fine before? 

Hey @samn,

Thanks for your post.

Release Radar contains new releases from artists you listen to and recommendations based on your listening habits. The button I don't like this song/artist is still there, but as @MafeG mentioned above, it works on that specific week's playlist. If the button isn't there, could you send us a screenshot of how your Release Radar looks like on your end? Make sure not to include any private info.

We also suggest taking a look at this article for tips on how to improve your Made for You playlists.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi there.

The option for this is not there.
Yesterday I was listening to the release radar playlist off my sony tv, and it played songs that were hidden as well as artists who I have previously clicked on "do not play" .

I looked on my phone to see if i had in fact hidden said songs, and removed those artists, and it was still true, but spotify still played these tracks. 

IMG_0964.PNG
IMG_0962.PNG
IMG_0963.PNG

I also have had these same problems for who knows how long.

Everytime I have do not play this song or artist and "blocked" even the artist. This "feature just won't work how it should!

I have checked manytimes that the artists songs arent in any of my playlists. I have the same issue with many artists that keep coming back in my release radar OR discover weekly playlists.

Hi folks,

Thank you for your replies. 

@samn The "Hide this song" or "Do not play" should apply to all of your devices, the songs may still show up, but won't actually get played. 

In this case, can you log in with another account, such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persists? Alternatively, you can create a free account here, just make sure you're logged out of your own account before creating a new one.  

@Gromaditium Could you confirm if the artists/songs you have blocked actually play on those playlists, or do they only show up but don't get played?

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator

@MafeG

Hey,

Had to wait for a new release radar, etc to come until i could test these.

There was again two of the blocked artists songs in my Release radar where one was already hidden but other one was not.

Atleast when i tried to "listen" or play the nonhidden song it would not play it.

Thats a "relief" so to speak.

Hey @Yurisantana308

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Would you mind sending us a screenshot of how they're showing in your Release radar playlist? We'll take a closer look. 

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hey bro, about the lyrics, it's working good, of course some of the songs doesn't have it, because they're new and the app doesn't have them on the database (print 1-2). About the hidden songs, the same (working good), it just "skip" the hidden song (it continues there but doesn't play until I unhide).(print 3)

Screenshot_20220114-165030_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20220114-165356_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20220114-170113_Spotify.jpg

I have been experiencing very similar problems. Every week there are very similar songs to the previous week of songs i would never listen too. There are no songs in my liked songs or playlists that are even remotely similar to the songs i normally listen to. Some have been from different languages that i have not shown any interest in. Every week I click, I don't like this artist and I don't like this song. Is there a way that I or you can reset my release radar previously listened songs or somehow see "since you liked or listened to this song we recommend this song".

It is getting frustrating disliking every song/ artist that is on my release radar every week that I have no idea where it would be suggesting it from. 

What is the point of the "I don't like this song/artist" button if it doesn't actually remove artists from appearing in your playlist? I listen to Christmas music every year and I get recommended Christmas songs every week of the year now. Pressing "I don't like this song" does NOTHING now, and it used to work fine. Please fix this.

Hey @sealbro,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

The mentioned button removes the song only from the current iteration of the Made For You playlist. Those playlists are always created anew based on your previous listening history excluding the content played in Private mode. The more you listen to songs you like, the better the next iteration will get, but it also may contain songs from previous iterations, as they may be related to your listening activity as a whole.

For the future, we'd advise you to use the Private mode to listen to seasonal songs, that should not be included in your overall listening history. More on that here.

Hope this clears things up to some extent,

Cheers!

ElenaModerator

Hi, I have exactly the same problem. A band called Lemongrass has appeared on my Release Radar for the last 4 weeks and 4 times I have been told they won't be played again. It's just annoying because they are taking room that another band could fill and I am missing out on a discovery! 

Judging by this thread Spotify haven't really got an answer**bleep** really

I just want to chime in here and say that I used to look forward to the Release Radar every week. But its inability to really judge what i listen to has made it unlistenable for me.  Specific examples. Last year I played some 60s beach rock for my son who was playing some for his middle school band. Now every week since i get Beach Boys in my Radar. I have never listened to Beach Boys outside of that one day last year.  Another. I read an article about Robloxcore music. I played two songs as research and now I get lungskul in my Radar every week. I skip the track every single time...but apparently THAT's not behavior the algorithm notices.  I shouldn't be afraid to explore new styles of music.  I have honestly caught myself listening to one off explorations on Youtube rather than Spotify JUST so it doesn't mess up my recommendations. Your algorithm should be able to tell the difference between something I listened to one time and something I am truly passionate about. But IF, somehow, that can't be done.....at the very least there should be a way to TELL the algorithm "stop recommending this artist"

There are so many threads about this that I wasn't really sure where to post!

Clicking the dislike button on desktop will pop up the message: "Next time, we won't recommend songs like that in Release Radar".

However vague "songs like that" may be, when I disliked/removed songs in the past, at least Spotify didn't then proceed to ceaselessly recommend other songs from the same album on every subsequently generated Release Radar playlist.

Been trying to get rid of a certain recommendation for over a month now, but I keep getting pushed the same **bleep** from that album. Seriously, I don't want to listen to it and have expressed this multiple times now. Also I'd hardly consider it a new and fresh release by now.

Please, either fix this broken feature or just remove it.

Plan

Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

Samsung Galaxy A71

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

THIS IS NOT Release Radar!

Please stop recommending the same god**** songs everyday!

Everyday some songs that I've already removed (declined) are shown again and again. It's annoying as he** because I start gaming in the morning after launching Spotify. Then having to remove the same songs every or other day is frustrating. Finally, I don't wanna hear "You can turn off Enhanced Mode" I know that, I was the one that first turned it on!!! 😄😎

PM: Got an error saying "Correct the highlighted error and try again" Nothing is highlighted but I'm guessing you don't like words like "God****

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

MODERATOR!

why have you moved my post to here? I'm not using Release Radar!!! I'm using "Enhanced" mode on a playlist I made myself!!!

My Thread 

They are not "hidden" They are removed from the playlist! You should also read up on how "Enhanced" mode works. Because songs are added EVERYDAY not every Friday.

Exactly!

Today I woke up to some crappy tunes that made my mode even worse 😆😣

PM: Tracks are not/should not be "hidden" they are/should be removed from the playlist. That is what the info popup says anyways when I decline a recommendation using the ("-") button or Right click - Remove recommendation.

They are not "hidden" They are removed from the playlist! You should also read up on how "Enhanced" mode works. Because songs are added EVERYDAY not every Friday.

Exactly!

Today I woke up to some crappy tunes that made my mode even worse 😆😣

PM: Tracks are not/should not be "hidden" they are/should be removed from the playlist. That is what the info popup says anyways when I decline a recommendation using the ("-") button or Right click - Remove recommendation.

MODERATOR! why have you moved my post to here? I'm not using Release Radar!!! I'm using "Enhanced" mode on a playlist I made myself!!!

My Thread 

Suggested posts