Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Remove (new?) sidebar

Solved!

Remove (new?) sidebar

Firstly, sorry if this is in the wrong section, I couldn't really fit it in any of the existing categories.

So since a couple of days/weeks, my Spotify has some sort of new activity window on the right side, with some stuff that I don't necessarily need to know. The problem is, it opens that window by default when I click a new song, which closes my playlist window on the left. I would much rather have my playlists on the left open by default and keep the stuff on the right, which I'm not interested in, closed at all times. 

spotify issue.jpg

Does anyone know if there is a setting that I overlooked, that allow me to disable the right sidebar window? If not, I am going to have to downgrade, but I would prefer a better solution.

Thanks in advance!

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

PC (Windows 10)

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Try toggling: Settings->Display->Show the now-playing panel on click of play

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hey @1149737717

Spotify is currently testing a new Desktop UI. This change will be rolled out slowly to users as it is tested, and eventually released.

You can leave feedback on these changes here.

I found this post on how to get the new sidebar to be more similar to the old one. I hope some of these steps will prove useful to you.

There's also another similar thread here.

From what I've seen, Spotify should remember your current layout and apply it every time. Please restart Spotify by going to File > Exit (or Control + Shift + Q) and then reopen Spotify.

kaworu_bloodpaw_0-1680270922425.png

If my answer was useful, don't forget to give it a 'Like!'

If my answer was the solution, don't forget to mark it as the solution!

Thanks! 😇

If you need anything else, please reply and ask,
or shoot me a Private Message!

Feel free to follow my Spotify or Community profiles! 

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Spotify.

I feel the opposite, I clicked it closed, and later wanted it open, but there is no way to bring it back and reinstalling the app didn't work.

Marked as solution

Try toggling: Settings->Display->Show the now-playing panel on click of play

There is no such option on desktop for me, only the announcement, desktop overlay, and see friends playing settings.

worked for me, thanks!

Is it possible to permanently disable the new side panel? It re-appears for every playlist or new band. 

awesome, hope it sticks -- thank you 😀

Wasn't an option when I originally posted this, but it's under edit > preferences > display for me now.

Suggested posts