Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Search bug on Vodafone IT mobile network

Search bug on Vodafone IT mobile network

Plan

Premium Family

Country

Italy

Device

moto g4 plus, moto x4, samsung s8

Operating System

Android M, Android P, Android O

Everytime we do a search while we are listening to some music appear the message "you are offline, try again". But the home page and the music streaming have no problem. To solve the problem we have to force close the app or switch off/on the data connection. It only happens with data connection (full 4g) not with wifi connection.

It's a common and serious bug here in Italy, you can check all the bad reviews in Italian Android play store. It could be related to vodafone network. We're waiting for a fix. Thanks.

Screenshot_20190211-162637.png
122 Replies

Are you aware of this serious problem? Are you investigating? Are you doing something? 

Is there anybody out there?

Please solve the 4g search issue in Italy.

In the beginning it was just a once in a while occurance, now basically there's no search function anymore, since it never works.

It's almost impossible to use the app on the go.

Please solve or I would delete my family account.

Please Spotify, it's a problem that affect many users. reviews in italian Play Store is full of that problem, and we really want to know if it's something you know and you're going to resolve. 

We pay for a premium account and we cannot use spotify with our mobile data, because of that issue... 

It seems that the issue is solved now...

Can someone confirm?

Thanks!

I'll check this weekend, and I'll let you know.

i don't think so... it's getting worse, the tracks are very slow to start... photo_2019-03-08_21-36-52.jpg

I repeat. Are you aware of this serious problem? Are you investigating? Are you doing something? 

Hey @gianlucadr.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this, and apologies for not getting back to you sooner.

Could you first try the following things:

In any case, would you mind sending us the following info:

• exact Spotify version
  • device & OS version?

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your reply.

Hey Peter, 

I confirm that I've made:

CLEAN REINSTALL

REMOVED ALL OFFLINE DEVICES (I've just one).

About the info requested:

Spotify version: 8.4.95.785

Samsung Galaxy S8, android 8.0.0 (patch December 2018).

Please note that this issue happens only using data mobile (Vodafone IT is my operator), and never happened in WiFi.

It happens with moto g4 plus, moto x4, samsung s8 (Operating System Android M, Android P, Android O). I have vodafone IT too. It happens with the latest versions, but now i'm using an old version (8.4.62.490 from July 13, 2018) and everything is fine.

The search bug lasts for months now, could you please investigate and find a solution?

I repeat, the search bug is a serious problem here in Italy (look at the bad reviews on the Italian android play store). Are you doing something, are you investigating? We are paying for a service

Hey @gianlucadr and @ema333 

Thanks for getting back to us with that info.

@gianlucadr - can you also confirm that this only happens when using the Vodafone 4G network in Italy?

Once we have that info, we'll be able to look into it further.

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your reply.

Hello Peter, 

last weekend I've tried also to set 3G ONLY on my Samsung S8, but the problem is still present. So I suppose it depends on the Vodafone network in general (not only 4G).

I can confirm also that with the July version mentioned by @gianlucadr there's no problem at all.

Hope it can help you!

@Peter I confirm that it only happens with Vodafone data network, never a problem with wifi

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this to us. 

Could you provide us with the following info:

• exact Spotify version
  • device + OS version
  • country + mobile network?

Once we have all this, we can pass it on to our tech team so that they can investigate this further.

Also, remember to click +VOTE to confirm that you are experiencing this issue.

Thanks!

Hi, you fund below the info needed:

Spotify version: 8.4.97.807

Device: Pixel 3 XL

Network: Vodafone IT 4G

Thanks

Best

L

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this to us. We've made our tech team aware of this, who are looking into it.

Could you provide us with the following info:

• exact Spotify version
  • device + OS version
  • country + mobile network?

Once we have all this, we can pass it on to our tech team so that they can investigate this further.

Also, remember to click +VOTE to confirm that you are experiencing this issue.

Thanks!

Suggested posts