Plan

Premium Family

Country

Italy

Device

moto g4 plus, moto x4, samsung s8

Operating System

Android M, Android P, Android O

Everytime we do a search while we are listening to some music appear the message "you are offline, try again". But the home page and the music streaming have no problem. To solve the problem we have to force close the app or switch off/on the data connection. It only happens with data connection (full 4g) not with wifi connection.

It's a common and serious bug here in Italy, you can check all the bad reviews in Italian Android play store. It could be related to vodafone network. We're waiting for a fix. Thanks.

Screenshot_20190211-162637.png
122 Replies

The issue is still there for me, I'm waiting for other users' feedback

Hello, same problem with the app stopping after two songs. my spotify version is 8.5.7.999 phone is Huawei P20 Pro emui ver 9.0.0 PROVIDER IS VODAFONE.IT it's constant on the data connection, 2 songs and it stops no data saver, no google assistant, no other devices connected PROBLEM IS NOT FIXED GUYS

@Peter

Fixed? After testing for 3 days, yes the connection is improved for listening music but search section still doesn't respond sometimes and album covers now disappear

Hello @Peter  and @Katerina ,

For me (and other guys I see) the problem is not fixed at all!

Search tab continue to refresh without any response (or with error message after 30 seconds). I've checked, unfortunately I've latest version and I've made a fresh reinstall of the app.

So take note that problem IS NOT FIXED

Ho lo stesso problema, la riproduzione dei brani si interrompe quando sono sotto rete mobile (samsung s9,rete vodafone)

@Peter@Katerina the problem is still there for me too.

No way to fix this...

@gianlucadr why don't you change the topic of the issue to "search and streaming"?

The two problems seems to be tightly coupled 😞

@svasta I can't, the moderators have to do it FOR THE MODERATORS: THE ISSUE IS NOT FIXED, and i repeat, THERE ARE NO PROBLEMS WITH VERSION 8.4.62.490, so the app worked well despite vodafone's problems...

Io ho ancora lo stesso problema !!!  (Huawei P10lite e operatore Vodafone)

Hello,

We understand that the issue is still ocurring.

We have re-opened this Ongoing Issue. If you are experiencing this issue, please leave a comment with the following:

• OS + Version
  • Spotify version

We'll let you know as soon as we have more info.

Have a nice day!

I read the thread and learnt similar problems to mine. My operator is Vodafone and up to now I kept them guilty for mulfunction: indeed my phone hw isn’t concerned being it in good shape when operated with Wind/3. The same with the WiFi. Please be informed I intentionally mentioned the operator name because I did not receive any support even I asked Vodafone to verify my SIM: the only support received by Vodafone was to contact Spotify. Really upset with them!

Android 9.0 + Spotify 8.5.8.567

I have since months buffering problems only with Vodafone Italy (mobile), even under full 3G/4G coverage. The music keep stopping and playing again randomly after some minutes. Force closing the app, and re-opening let me play again music immediately without waiting. With Spotify version until 8.4.75.xxx it worked without any problem!

Thanks!

On my smart I've Android 8.1.0 and Spotify 8.5.7.999 and face the same you just described!

Cheers

Hello there,

I'm still experiencing the same issue under different Phones/Operators.

Tried to perform clean install and removed offline devices.

About the info requested:

Spotify version: 8.5.8.567 (on all devices)

Honor View 20 / Android 9 - Operator Ho Mobile (Vodafone Network)

Huawei Mate 9 / Android 9 - Operator Iliad

Honor 7 / Android 6 - Operator Ho Mobile (Vodafone Network)

Hello,

The problem is still occurring on my device.

As all the other subscribers, I have tried to perform a clean installation and to remove offline devices with no good results.

Spotify Version: 8.5.8.567

Device: Huawei Mate 20 Pro

Operator: Vodafone IT

Regards.

Again,

Galaxy S10+

Android 9.0 - One UI 1.1

Spotify 8.5.9.734

Still have this issue with Vodafone Italy, i tried to switch country with a VPN and the connection instantly works again. Of course with 4G network.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Spotify Version: 8.5.8.567

Having this issue on Vodafone IT network (4g or 3g).

same problem guys!

I contacted spotify via chat, then contacted me a specific team that after a few emails told me that the problem is with the operator. Today I deleted the last version on my android phone, I put a January 2018 version. If I don't have problems these days I will have the confirmation that the problem is of spotify and not vodafone. Will update

Hi, same disaster issue like everyone else, basically without wifi Spotify is useless, it's 4 months at least that this thing doesn't work, done every possibile test, 40 euros or more literally thrown away.

Galaxy s8+

Android 9

Security Patch 05-2019

Please, do something!

Hello all,

At least with my phones/carriers it seems that new app version 8.5.9.737 solved almost all problems reported in this thread.

I'm testing since the new version came out, and I've neither playback interruptuons after few seconds, nor search functionality issues anymore. 

Suggested posts