Shazam is not syncing

Plan

Premium

Device

Iphone 11 pro max

Operating System

Latest update

My Question or Issue

How useless is spotify and shazam! shazam is not syncing songs to my playlist at all! I have deleted shazam and spotify revoked access to shazam and regave shazam access and nothing not one song will sync no matter what i do so help would be amazing, the apps are all on the latest updates

27 Replies

Hi there @flygon7345,

Thank you for your post and for the troubleshooting you've done so far.

Just to confirm, have you followed the steps here correctly?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Have a great Friday and start of your weekend 🙂 

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Jeremy, Your steps hyperlinked as "here" only brings us back to this same post. It does not take us to any said "steps".
I'm having similar issues with the sync not working on Android (S22 Ultra). 

Hey there folks,

Thanks for your posts here and sorry for the wrong link above.

Can you confirm if this is still happening for you? If yes, then please provide us with more details about the troubleshooting steps you've taken and the Spotify version this happens on? You can also check out the details we have provided about how Shazam works in connection to Spotify in a FAQ page here

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have more questions.

Kiril Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I found my own way to the fix in Android (which was in the Shazam Settings, not Spotify). Had no idea that the sync was disabled with either the new handset or update to Shazam. Both accounts were signed in as previous, but Shazam dropped the ball. All good now. Now to remove the unwanted Shazams and double-ups. Interesting that Shazam was still inviting me to play tracks with Apple Music, but not offering Spotify BY DEFAULT and I don't even have any Apple accounts. Sorry, if I've hijacked an iOS thread, but it was the one that came up when I searched my problem.

Hey @ChiSaoPat

Thanks for getting back to us and sharing what worked for you. 

We're glad to know that it's working as expected now. Give us a shout if it starts misbehaving again; we're always here to help. 

Have a good one!

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

OS Android 13 with OnePlus Nord 2T with latest 11/02/2022 Spotify and Shazam app, Sync success on Shazam but no playlist appear in Spoity.
help me. I try all solutions describe on this community, before making this post

Same here, no song come on spotify, shazam playlist not created.

Hey @priyajjain,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Can you please let us know the exact troubleshooting steps you've tried so far so we can avoid repeating any?

Keep us posted.

MihailYModerator

Hello @MihailY
Thanks for reply.

In 1st method I uninstall both Shazam and Spotify app and reinstall it. And again make sync with Spotify via Shazam app via setting in Shazam app.
2nd method. I un synch(disconnect) Spotify via Shazam setting, and then again sync .

But still my Shazam playlist not appear in my spotify app.

I'm using Nord 2T , with latest Android 13 version and latest version of Shazam and Spotify app.
Thanks.

Hey @priyajjain,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared.

Kudos for the initial troubleshooting. This behavior could be related to connection inconveniences. We'd like to check: is this happening over WiFi? 3G/4G? Both? Do you notice any difference if you switch the internet connection you're using? Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

On another note, if you continue experiencing inconveniences syncing Shazam with Spotify on Android, consider checking out other song-discovery apps with Android integrations, such as Soundhound or the built-in Google Assistant. You can read all about Shazam and Spotify working together in this article. This was previously reported here, so we also recommend giving it a look.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

@AlejaR

Hi I tested Spotify and Shazam connection on both WiFi and cellular 4G/5G network , WiFi with 300 Mbps and on cellular 30-50 Mbps speed. Still no playlist created on Spotify after Shazam sync with spotify. Thanks

Hey @priyajjain,

Thanks for your reply.

In this case, as reported in the status of this thread, the relevant team is still looking into possible solutions for Android. We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

We suggest to subscribe in the three dot menu to the mentioned thread to get notified as soon as we have any updates to share.

We hope you found this helpful. Let us know if you need anything else. 

AlejaRModerator

Hi @AlejaR

Here I attach 2 files, 1 from my android OnePlus Nord 2T Shazam connected screenshot.

2nd In Iphone Sync Shazam to Spotify slider button not in Shazam for Android App.

kindly chk

Android Phone screenshot

My Shazam Sync.jpeg

IPhone   Screenshot

syncnot.JPG

 Kindly chk.

Hi there @priyajjain,

Thanks for the reply and the screenshots.

Check the permissions for the Shazam app in your system settings and see if enabling all permissions presents the Sync button on the Android app as well. If not, I think it would be best if you reach out to the support team from Shazam about this, as it seems to be an issue with the Android app.

Let us know how it goes.

AlexModerator

@Alex

Hi

I chk ur suggestion but still no sync b/w shazam and Spotify.

kindly help it, to post query on shazam Apple Id need, i didn't have iPhone.

Eu tenho no Shazan 694 musicas. No entanto, na lista do Spotify só aparecem 379 musicas.

I have this issue on iOS as well. Since I switched from android to iPhone in 2021, I wasn’t able to sync any songs from Shazam to Spotify. I just tried:

• disabling the sync function in Shazam and enabling it back again - didn’t help
  • disconnecting Spotify altogether from Shazam in Shazam settings and reconnecting it again - didn’t help
  • renaming the playlist in Spotify and trying to disabling and enabling the sync in Shazam - a new “My Shazam Tracks” playlist was created, so I “shazamed” a couple of popular songs, they appear in Shazam but aren’t added to the new playlist (and not added to the old one either)

Any solution found for the bug? I too have the same problem with iPhone : no matter what I do, Shazam doesn't sync with Spotify.

more than 2 years ago i had my shazam'ed list on my spotify but in these 2 years i cant reach my shazam playlist in my spotify playlists. i've tried unconnect and re-connect them together deleting shazam play list and then try again but nothing happened. how can i re-connect my playlist of shazam to my spotify so i can listen my shazamed trackes in a playlist?

Suggested posts