Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle artist

Shuffle artist

Hello, I'm currently using Pandora premium. Several friends and family are using Spotify. I'm trying to decide if it's worth switching. I cannot figure out how to shuffle my artists only, not particular songs. I use this feature exclusively on Pandora and would not move to Spotify if this feature isn't available. I just want to be able to shuffle the artists in my library. 

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

3 Replies

Hey, welcome to the community, and thanks for posting! If you want to just shuffle one particular artist's tracks, you can visit their page, and if on mobile, there is a "shuffle play" button at the top, or if you're using the desktop software, you can just click the green play button at the top and enable your shuffle button from the standard playback controls.

Also, if you only want to include certain songs/albums from an artist, you can go to that artist in your library and shuffle from there.

Finally, if you want to shuffle songs from multiple artists in your library, you would need to like the individual tracks, as you can only do this from the "liked songs" playlist. I hope that answers your question, but let me know if any further issues with this!

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for the reply. I want to be able to just shuffle all artists in my
library not particular songs as you can on pandora. This way you hear songs
you might otherwise have never picked to play.

No problem, and thanks for clarifying. Unfortunately, there is not currently a way to shuffle the artists without having saved the particular songs to your library. Please feel free to submit an idea for this here.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts