Free

Country

USA

Device

Andoid Moto G6, Chrome Browser Web Player

Operating System

Android, Windows

My Question or Issue

I have an on-going issue where when I play my library with shuffle turned on it will only play a small fraction of the songs over and over again.  Even if I turn shuffle on and off, the same songs keep appearing over and over.  Is there a fix for this?

3 Replies

Hi, @delowder,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. Would you kindly try a clean reinstall on the App? Can you also tell me if this happens on all your devices or one specific one?

Meanwhile, I have found people in the community that has similar issues as you. To see them please click here, here and here

Hope some of these steps help as well as the links, and let me know how it goes.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify app on my phone a few days ago.  It is behaving differently, but still not Shuffling my entire library.  It appears to have selected a small subset of the artists in my library and is playing a shuffle of songs from those artists only for the most part.  It does not appear to be related to how frequently an artist appears in my playlist.  

Hey there @delowder,

Thanks for getting back to us and confirming the troubleshooting you've tried.

Can you let us know the exact version of the Spotify app currently installed on your devices? This info can help us investigate further.     

If you still experience this on your PC, make sure you clean up the hosts file by following the steps here. When on a mobile device, check if any power saving or data cleaning settings are active and disable them. 

Keep us posted. We'll have an eye open for your reply.    

Suggested posts