Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Someone deleted songs in an open playlist I made with friends for promotional purposes

Solved!

Someone deleted songs in an open playlist I made with friends for promotional purposes

Dear employee,

This playlist took more than 3/4 years to create and had 1500 songs in it. We made it with a couple of friends but just now (2 hours ago) someone deleted almost everysong and put a lot of other songs in it. The playlist was from the user 'Ravian van Rosse' and was called 'House/Deep/Disco/Funk Bangers'. The account who added and deleted all the songs is called 'Terrystunes'. We really hope there is something that can be done to get all those songs back. The playlist means a lot to me and my friends.

Kind regards,

Jeroen

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey all, 

Thank you for promptly reaching out and reporting this. 

Just wanted to confirm that the account "terrystunes" has been disabled. 

We'll be in touch to share further updates if there's any.

In the meantime, don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything else we can help with! 

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

31 Replies

Hey, Jeroen!

It happened the same to me yesterday and today (twice).

Hopefully you can recover the songs. Yesterday I asked via Twitter to @SpotifyCares account and they restored all songs to a specific data. But today almost 5/6 of the 3.800 songs were deleted and I'm asking for help once again.

In my case, changes were done by user terrystunes and I can not report it.

Captura de pantalla de 2020-03-28 18-15-52.png

Hey! Terrystunes did this to me as well, he first added a bunch of songs and later deleted almost everything 😞 his account should be deleted.

Hey @jeroenspuijbroe@danielafanador and @Anouskawright,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

First, it'd be great for you to follow the steps in this support site article and reach out to our Support team so that they can restore your playlist to the way things were prior to this episode you're reporting. 

In the meantime, it'd also be great for you to read and follow the steps in this other support site article since it features some essential info regarding how to keep the safety of your account up-to-date.

Regarding the Spotify user responsible for this, we'll make sure the situation is escalated to the right team and addressed accordingly. 

We hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator

Hi, all!

I recovered my Playlist by following all the steps provided by Spotify Support.

Someone at Spotify, be aware about this:

When Spotify reverts the Playlist to a previous status, it becomes Collaborative, that is what caused the problem at first.

In my case, I already switched it manually to non-collaborative, but not all users will pay attention to this detail.

If this is not changed by the user, the Playlist will be vulnerable and the problem will happen again.

That's why happened to me twice this week.

Hey @danielafanador,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop and for the useful feedback. 

We'll make sure to pass it to the relevant teams. Meantime, all the info regarding playlist privacy can be found here if needed. 

Don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything else we can help with. 

Have a nice and a safe day!

Mario Moderator

I had the same experience with Terrystunes. He ruined two of my playlists that i had been working on for months, with only indie artists inside. He removed all of my music, and put a lot of **bleep** in. I hope you will make this **bleep** pay for what he did to all of us.

This happened to one of my playlists too, the same person (Terrystunes) added songs, which is fine go for it but little did I know that my playlist went from around 1.3k songs to 200 in 2 days

I have the exact same problem. Please, can you rest this list to how it was before this "Terrystunes" mess it up ! It was a list that has taken years to gather. Please help me out! 

Hey I messaged them here https://support.spotify.com/uk/contact-spotify-anonymous/

Went Tech Issues > My Saved Music Has Disappeared > I still need help > I still need help.

They ask you to put the description in a few words and I asked the person to revert my playlist back to a week ago, so they logged me off of my account and I had to change the password but everything was back, including the songs TerrysTunes added but at least you can just delete them.

Hope this helps!!

Marked as solution

Hey all, 

Thank you for promptly reaching out and reporting this. 

Just wanted to confirm that the account "terrystunes" has been disabled. 

We'll be in touch to share further updates if there's any.

In the meantime, don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything else we can help with! 

Mario Moderator

Hi ! I really need help recovering the list that was affected. I lost all the songs, which was a collaborative effort of years. 

Rumor has it that the application 'Houseparty' causes trouble.

Hey @muzicnerd,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

If you need help recovering the playlist(s) on your account that were affected by this, I'd be good to follow the steps I provided in this post.

Hope you'll find this useful. Don't hesitate to get in touch if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator

Same problem here. My playlist had hundreds of songs and this "Terrystunes" person deleted most of it. It took several years to create so I hope this can be solved.

I think spotify support has the power to revert this but they haven't managed to do that for me.

Also I could not report this user - the option was greyed out.

Hello!

It happened to me as well. Also 'terrystunes' on my playlist 'Bar Grimmertinge'. 

Please do something with this information, he's ruining all our music playlists! 

I just realized that the same thing happened to me by the same user and around the same dates. I los like 90% of my list and the songs were replaced with nonsense.

Is there a way to help us all out? This clearly was a malicious conduct and we should be able to restore our playlists. I already rechead support but as I'm from Mexico that team is not aware of this situation and refused to help me.

Please do something about this I curated this list with help from many friends since 2016.  I just wanted restores before march 23rd.

This is the playlist: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1jOMYfTE4yBrprQEfi1fqx

Hey I have almost the same problem here I made a playlist recently maybe three or four days ago and it was a public collaborative playlist which was 8-9 hours long and this morning someone deleted all the songs in it and I have no idea how to get the songs back or find who did that. I contacted Spotify Support and I hope I can get my songs back. If you could add a little bit of extra help I'd be so grateful.

Hey @karadagdefne

Thanks for posting - we’re here to help!        

No worries, in case your playlist has been deleted within the last 90 days, you can still get it back. 

We suggest following the steps provided in this support article on how to recover a deleted playlist. Give them a try and let us know the outcome, we'll be happy to assist you further. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

Hey thank you but my problem isn't my playlist being deleted it was a public collaborative playlist which I owned and someone deleted all the songs from it and now I'm left with an empty playlist can you bring back the songs and find who did it?

Suggested posts