Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Someone deleting songs from playlist.

Solved!

Someone deleting songs from playlist.

Afternoon,

So my girlfriend and I make playlists together, they're 150 songs long, no more no less and 8 days ago an account called "Anni" goes and deletes 28 songs and then adds 28 songs in the hope we wouldn't notice.

Here's a link to the account that deleted the songs: https://open.spotify.com/user/al8qu33pkka5fzhz9g498h6w4?si=33c4357297574d6e

We didn't notice for 8 days and are here to ask if it is possible to roll back the playlist so that we could get the 28 songs back? The playlist in question is called "Radical Edward," the songs he added have been deleted.

Many thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Aytes,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community, and welcome!

In this case, I would first recommend contacting Customer Support and asking them to restore your collaborative playlist to an earlier state; they’ll take a look and do their best to help.

Bear in mind that when a playlist is collaborative, anyone following it (or who has the link to it) will be able to add or remove songs –even if the collaborative playlist hasn’t been added to your Spotify profile.

To prevent further unwanted song deletions/additions by other Spotify users, I would next suggest one of these two options:

1. Remove the playlist’s “collaborative” status, so that other users can’t add/remove tracks (you can temporarily set the playlist to “collaborative” again if you’d like to edit it further)
  2. Create a new playlist and copy/paste the songs from the original collaborative playlist to it, by following these steps on the desktop app:
  • Select all of the original collaborative playlist's contents (by pressing “Ctrl + A” on a Windows computer or “Cmd + A” on a Mac computer); and copy them (“Ctrl + C” on Windows or “Cmd + C” on a Mac). Next, create a new playlist that hasn't been shared with anyone yet, and paste the tracks in the new playlist (by pressing “Ctrl + V” on Windows or “Cmd + V” on a Mac) 
  • If you opt for the newly copied playlist to be collaborative, I recommend making sure not to add it to your profile, as well as to only share it with your girlfriend, in order to prevent unwanted users from finding and spamming the playlist.

You may also be interested in voting for a couple of ideas in the Idea Exchange that could help prevent unwanted edits by other users in collaborative playlists:

• This Live Idea for limiting editing access in collaborative playlists
  • This Closed Idea for allowing editing permissions in collaborative playlists only for selected users (while this idea’s status is currently “Closed - Not Enough Votes,” it can become an active idea again if it gains sufficient votes.)

If either of these ideas are something that you’re interested in, I would recommend adding your +VOTE to them. The more votes an idea gets, the likelier it is that Spotify will implement it; and you can read more about how feedback on ideas reaches Spotify here.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi @Aytes,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community, and welcome!

In this case, I would first recommend contacting Customer Support and asking them to restore your collaborative playlist to an earlier state; they’ll take a look and do their best to help.

Bear in mind that when a playlist is collaborative, anyone following it (or who has the link to it) will be able to add or remove songs –even if the collaborative playlist hasn’t been added to your Spotify profile.

To prevent further unwanted song deletions/additions by other Spotify users, I would next suggest one of these two options:

1. Remove the playlist’s “collaborative” status, so that other users can’t add/remove tracks (you can temporarily set the playlist to “collaborative” again if you’d like to edit it further)
  2. Create a new playlist and copy/paste the songs from the original collaborative playlist to it, by following these steps on the desktop app:
  • Select all of the original collaborative playlist's contents (by pressing “Ctrl + A” on a Windows computer or “Cmd + A” on a Mac computer); and copy them (“Ctrl + C” on Windows or “Cmd + C” on a Mac). Next, create a new playlist that hasn't been shared with anyone yet, and paste the tracks in the new playlist (by pressing “Ctrl + V” on Windows or “Cmd + V” on a Mac) 
  • If you opt for the newly copied playlist to be collaborative, I recommend making sure not to add it to your profile, as well as to only share it with your girlfriend, in order to prevent unwanted users from finding and spamming the playlist.

You may also be interested in voting for a couple of ideas in the Idea Exchange that could help prevent unwanted edits by other users in collaborative playlists:

• This Live Idea for limiting editing access in collaborative playlists
  • This Closed Idea for allowing editing permissions in collaborative playlists only for selected users (while this idea’s status is currently “Closed - Not Enough Votes,” it can become an active idea again if it gains sufficient votes.)

If either of these ideas are something that you’re interested in, I would recommend adding your +VOTE to them. The more votes an idea gets, the likelier it is that Spotify will implement it; and you can read more about how feedback on ideas reaches Spotify here.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts