Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sorting problem

Sorting problem

Plan

Premium

Operating System

(iOS 15.4.1)

My Question or Issue

Hi I have a problem that I can't reverse sorting anymore in direct playlist sort, and it's really crucial feature for me, was this feature moved again or is it gone (hope not)?

9 Replies

Hey there @Jakub77,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community.

Can you give us a bit more detail about your issue?

• Does this happen with every sorting option - Title/ Artist/ Date added etc.?
  • Does this happen both on your playlists and playlists you follow?
  • Your current Spotify app version.

We'll look into this further 🙂

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, I have version 8.7.32 (the newest one on iOS)
And yes, it happens with every option in every playlist (mine or others) and with every option, i can just choose:

-Custom order
-Title
-Artist
-Album
-Recently Added

And everything it does is choose the option and sorts it by it but there is no way to reverse the order of that option like before when there were two arrows up and down that flipped the order.

Hey there  @Jakub77

Thanks for getting back to us.

We tried this on our end, but couldn't replicate it. In this case, we'd recommend you logging out and then logging back in twice in a row. This will trigger a sync between your account and your phone.  

If this doesn't do the trick, it's well worth running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. 

Also, we suggest that you check if the OS of your phone has any pending updates. 

Keep us posted on how it goes.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Yea, I tried everything, and on my every device (iOS, iPadOS, Android 10) there are no arrows that can reverse the order like before, so I suppose it was probably removed at some point, because I just have this check symbol.

79B841BB-4C23-4A6A-B8ED-0E9E631A7E84.jpeg

removed in some update? 

Hey @Jakub77,

Thank you for keeping in contact and for the screenshot you sent.

We tried to replicate this issue, but the sorting options are still showing an arrow up and arrow down when sorting the tracks of a playlist (excluding Custom order).

To keep investigating your case, would you mind confirming if you perform the clean reinstall as suggested previously by @Eni

If so and the issue persists, it would be great if you could have someone log in with their account on your device - such as a friend or a family member, to see if the issue persists in other accounts. This will help us understand if it could be account-related or not.

Lastly, could you share with us the link or URI of one of the playlists that is having the sorting issue? This will give us a better look at the issue.

We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator

this is same for me. spotify not only removed the option to reverse sort by date added, but it has unsorted my previously reverse date added sorted playlists and theres no longer the arrow up and arrow down options. 

Hi @marcus_myself!

If you're already sorting the playlist by Recently added, tapping Recently added again should reverse the order.

In case you experience a different behavior when doing this, please share a short screen recording so we can get a clear understanding of what's happening on your end.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

I am also facing the same exact problem any fix for it yet?

Iphone 6 IOS 15.7

Hey @Onyx31,

Thanks for reaching out.

Can you please send over the rest of the requested info above so we can investigate this?

Looking forward to your reply!

MihailYModerator

Suggested posts