Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect on Offline Network

Spotify Connect on Offline Network

Is it possible to use spotify connect on a wifi network that is not connected to the internet? Both my phone and my PC are on the same router's wifi and the playlist in question is cached offline. Is there a way for them to communicate even though there is no internet access, only wireless network access?

5 Replies

Hello there @bgibsond!

Unfortunately, Connect is only available through WiFi connection.

There's no other way to control other devices.

Hope this answers your question! ♫

This was a post by DasPeter
If my post helped you to fix your problem  -  Accept as Solution
If you liked my post - Give it a Like

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
PM me here

Same issue here.  I  downloaded some music to my cellphone but it will only play on other devices if the network is connected to internet.  When I go to the ocean on my boat, usually 4g stops working so Spotify stops playing my already downloaded music.  It doesn't make sense... I need you guys to allow playing on other devices connected to the same network even if no internet connection is available!

I strongly agree!  Devices on the same local "intranet" (i.e., Local LAN) should be able to communicate even when their access to the internet is not available.  My laptop can still print to my wireless printer without internet connectivity, because they are connected to our same home wifi router.  Why can't I stream my offline Spotify content to my local wifi speaker when both devices are connected to our same home wifi router?

I can see this being a huge issue for the boating community where internet is almost always non-existent.  Sure, we can still Bluetooth or hardwire our Spotify device (laptop, iPhone, whatever) into our Wifi capable speaker device (Sonos, Bose, etc).  But, who wants the inferior listening experience of Bluetooth or the inconvenience and wire-mess of hardwiring?  Not me.  Come on Spotify!  Lead by example!

I totally agree. When I got a premium account and got my playlists downloaded, why isn't it possible to control my Play-Fi, Sonos or other device using my Mobile Device.

Same here. I think Spotify should listen to their costumers. I visited this same thread a year ago or something like that and since then nothing changed. I still can't control my music on the same network if the network itself is not connected to the internet.

It's a shame because a lot of times I'm in places were I'm offline but on a network with my devices connected - like a PC and a smartphone - and I can't control my music playing on the PC with the phone because the network is isolated from the internet (I'm using spotify premium and have my music downloaded).

Suggested posts