Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't play full songs

Solved!

Spotify won't play full songs

• Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy A51

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

My Spotify account won't play full songs on my phone unless I click "Shuffle Play". Otherwise, whenever I click on a song it will just play a demo clip that's about 5-10 seconds long. My acount has never done this on other devices, and when I tried it out on my computer earlier it worked fine. I've already tried linking Spotify to my Samsung account and redownloading the app twice, but it still didn't fix the problem. I included a screenshot of it playing a demo clip, and I know that all of the songs I tried playing aren't blocked. Please help me if you can, thank you!

Edit: I found out that the web player will work just fine, it's only the app that's having problems.

Screenshot_20200530-204614_Spotify.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @M-kins and @Paul126,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

It sounds like you're having troubles playing music on demand on the mobile app.

Keep in mind that your Liked Songs playlist is not a Pick and Play playlist, which would explain what is happening here.

When youโ€™re using the free service, you can listen to any track fully via Shuffle Play, as you noticed.

You can also select any track on Pick and Play playlists (playlists without the Shuffle icon  ) to listen to the full track rather than a just a short preview.

You can find more on how Shuffle works on Free across different platforms by taking a look at this support site article or our Spotify Answer.

Hope this info is helpful but don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else.

Have a lovely day ๐Ÿ™‚

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

View solution in original post

20 Replies

I have same problem frustrating.
Marked as solution

Hey there @M-kins and @Paul126,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

It sounds like you're having troubles playing music on demand on the mobile app.

Keep in mind that your Liked Songs playlist is not a Pick and Play playlist, which would explain what is happening here.

When youโ€™re using the free service, you can listen to any track fully via Shuffle Play, as you noticed.

You can also select any track on Pick and Play playlists (playlists without the Shuffle icon  ) to listen to the full track rather than a just a short preview.

You can find more on how Shuffle works on Free across different platforms by taking a look at this support site article or our Spotify Answer.

Hope this info is helpful but don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else.

Have a lovely day ๐Ÿ™‚

KaterinaModerator

Hello Again,

Just another thing. When i create a playlist and add on the left hand side
all the songs come up with a white triangle for short song?

Thanks Again

Oh, ok. I've only ever used Spotify mobile on a tablet and it worked differently, so I thought that was how it would work on all app versions. Sorry!

Hey again!

No worries @M-kins! Spotify free on tablets is closer to the desktop experience. For example, tablets get no offline tracks and ads but can play any song on demand.

@Paul126 - to make sure we're on the same page, could you share a screenshot of what you see? Just make sure that there's no sensitive or private info displayed. We'll be happy to take a closer look ๐Ÿ™‚

Keep us posted!

KaterinaModerator

Iโ€™ve tried everything and looked every possible spot for the shuffle play option to turn off but they replaced it with some sort of hide or un-hide option for the song, My playlist arenโ€™t even playing the full song, just a 5-10 second snippet. I cannot find the option to turn off shuffle on my iPhone..

F54C1102-487F-4E23-BB8A-ECFB5A5E1EDB.png

โ€ƒ

I canโ€™t seem to be able to just pick a song from any of my tracks without the shuffle for Spotify picking something else, not only that but Spotify replaced the symbol that has two arrows crossing each other with a minus symbol that allows u to hide or un-hide that

song. I canโ€™t find the option that allows me to play the song on repeat.. it was the two arrows that cross but that symbol isnโ€™t there anymoreโ€ฆ.. 

0F3C1E7F-F086-4AEE-9769-0CF2979ADECE.png

โ€ƒ

D88CA18D-98EC-4044-AC6A-1FA3117DA0B6.png

โ€ƒ

A72BA93F-D558-42BC-A11E-58D0F25EDDA3.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Hey @RemotePanda,

Thanks for the post.

This looks like you're using a free account. On a free account you can only play playlists and albums in Shuffle mode and can't select individual songs manually.

Learn more about the differences between Spotify subscriptions here.

Hope this clears things up.

AlexModerator

I had to give up my premium due to not getting paid for a month. I plan on getting it again once I get paid but shuffle play or not, it's not playing any songs fully in any playlist. I use Spotify to play music while I sleep but it literally isn't playing ANYTHING. This is honestly super annoying. 

I've given up. I'll just go to YouTube live.

So I donโ€™t know how to fix this. Itโ€™s been very annoyingโ€ฆ Spotify just will play 5 or 10 second of the song and move on. I donโ€™t know whyโ€ฆ please help me itโ€™s driving me insane!!!

Hey @a3rgocs4dxfzdjyxbc91,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Could you check the post from @Alex? It describes the differences between an account with a Premium subscription and a free account.

But also make sure to let us know, if you're experiencing this issue on an account with a Premium subscription.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

DianModerator

That implementation is just dumb. When I search for a song, I want to listen to it. Now. Not to something "similar" or having to put things into the proper kind of playlist. I want to play it with the press of one button.

I CANT EVEN PUT A SONG FOR MY VIDEOS I TRIED EVERY SETTING BUT ITS NOT WORKING

Hey @Beanoanpanther,

Thank you for your reply in this thread. 

At this point, we donโ€™t have enough information regarding what you're experiencing. With being said, would you mind sending us a full description of the inconvenience you're having? 

We'll be on the lookout for your response.

LyubkaModerator

Myself not working I can't even play any songs even when I search them

Hey @Watermelon_X,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

In this case, we'd like to gather as much info as possible. Would you mind letting us know what device you're using and what troubleshooting you've tried so far? This'll help us avoid repeating steps.

In case you're experiencing this issue on our Desktop App, we'd recommend that you check our Ongoing issue that is under investigation right now. Check out the status message and try troubleshooting that's mentioned. You can also leave your relevant feedback and follow the thread for updates. 

Hope this helps. We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

LyubkaModerator

I'm very,  tried of this "Spotify premium" stuff. I'm probably not, going to be the only person deleting Spotify. 

I have Spotify premium but it is still cutting my songs short it won't let me listen to the full song

I pay premium  and still have the same issue.  What am I paying so much money for if I can't play a damn song WHEN I WANT?

Suggested posts