NEXT STEP

Suggested songs not showing up

Suggested songs not showing up

Plan

Free

Country

USA

My Question or Issue

Suggested songs wont appear anymore, before i could just go to my playlist and go to add songs and there would be a massive list of suggested songs that would change every so often so i would always be able to expand my playlist easily, but now for some reason it wont show up anymore, I've looked all over the app in case i missed something but i haven't seen anything.

8 Replies

Hey there @Cocaonutty,

Welcome to the Spotify Community and thanks for posting here.

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify app? We suggest you try this step first as it ensures that you get the latest version of the app with all of its features. 

Can you also  tell us, is this happening with one playlist created by you or with all of the playlists you made? We need this info to take a closer look.  

Hope this helps. Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Ive already tried reinstalling and when i make a new playlist suggested songs appear until i add my liked songs, then the list goes away

Hello @Cocaonutty,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop 🙂

Could you maybe send us a screenshot of what you see when you click on ADD SONGS in one of your playlists? Does the list with Songs you liked appear or no list at all? Try swiping the screen left or right to see if the list you're looking for is on another page.

Just a heads-up, if you're referring to the added tracks in your Liked Songs playlist, those will be replaced once you have liked more than 15 songs. You can read more about Your Library here.

For more info on how to find new songs to add to your playlist, we recommend you head to this support page and scroll down to Need some inspiration?

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if you have any further questions!

XeniaModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This is the only thing that shows up when i try to add songs, all of my liked songs are in the playlist, I've tried removing a bunch of songs liked and unliked but nothing showed up except the liked songs, a few weeks ago it did show two lists from two different genres but the lists wouldn't change at all and weren't genres i have too many songs of.

Capture+_2020-02-01-09-41-22-1.png

Hello again @Cocaonutty,

Thank you for sending the screenshot! 

This is odd. Do you mind logging in to your account from a different device or trying the web player to see whether any recommended songs show up at the end of your playlist there?

It'd also be great if you could let us know the following details, so we can look into this further:

• Your device and its OS version
  • The exact Spotify version
  • Is this happening with any of your playlists or just one of them?

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply, thanks!

XeniaModerator

I have the exact same problem. Multiple Playlists of mine are now a bit boring, because i know every song and want to add new ones. I tried multiple devices now:
-iPhone (iOs 14.6)
-iPad Air (2020)
-Windows 10 Pro 
-Web (Chrome&Opera-GX)
I have the option to search for songs manually, but i don`t know what to search really.

First day using premium subscription 

Already tried reinstalling app but when i clicked my playlist with 300+ songs  the column of suggested song stay empty on the other hand when i created a new playlist there seem to be no problem as it popped up 6 column of unadded song like usual 

Also i tried clearing cache already didn’t work too 😄
Regards 

Hey @Realindy25,

Thanks for reaching on the Community.

Great that you did a reinstall, this is always a sound approach when troubleshooting. However, to be sure you have done a clean reinstall of the app, without leaving any residues, follow the steps here. Could we also ask you for more info about the current version of Spotify you have on, as well as the make and model of your platform with its corresponding operating system and its version? This will help us to give you a better advice.

Is this issue also present with playlists that are not brand new but contain less than 300 songs for example? Your screenshots or screen recordings are also very welcomed, as this would help us investigate this situation further.

Keep us posted. We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply, thanks!

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts