Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Suggestion for devs - I reset my "date added" info for liked songs

Suggestion for devs - I reset my "date added" info for liked songs

Plan: Premium

Device: Macbook Pro 2023

Operating System: Ventura 13.5

I was dragging a large portion of my liked songs into a playlist on the left side bar. This playlist was located directly under my liked songs. I accidentally dropped the songs into my liked songs playlist, and this reset all of the "date added" info.

Normal playlists will ask if you want to add duplicates, selecting "Don't add" will not override the original song placement.

The liked songs "playlist" should behave the same way.

I would scroll down to a certain year and reminisce about what I was doing around that time. The songs were apart of what helped me remember, and obviously the "date added" info helped too. I still have my wrapped playlists going back to 2016, but it's not quite the same.

Is there a way to revert my liked songs playlist to a few days or a week ago so I can get my previous "date added" info back?

1 Reply

Hi @disappointed4,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

First of all, thanks for the info and feedback in your post. This is how the Liked Songs playlist works from the desktop app and Web Player. If you add a song that's already been added, this will overwrite the info. The song will be added as new and there's no option to revert the changes. 

We understand you’d like it to be different, and we appreciate you taking the time to let us know. We always aim to improve, so we’ll get this passed on to the right team.

On another note, if you feel like it, you can submit an idea, making sure you follow our Community guidelines. The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to see what our users are interested in and how many people like a certain idea. Check out this FAQ to learn more about it. 

If you need a hand with anything else, we're always a post away!

Susan_GPModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts