Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

The screen moves up and down when downloading

The screen moves up and down when downloading

On my iPhone (14.6) I have noticed that when downloading updates to my library the screen downloading message moves up and then down every second or so, the whole screen appears to move up and down.

I cannot find any other references to the same issue.

Thank you for your help

15 Replies

Hey there @iwaddo

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

First up, it's well worth running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. 

If this doesn't do the trick, would you mind sending us a screen recording of the issue happening so we can take a closer look? Make sure not to send any private info.

Lastly, we suggest checking if the OS of your device has any pending updates. 

Keep us posted on how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Before trying a clean install I wanted to capture the issue I have been experiencing. Please see the attached, not sure if it helps.

Hi there @iwaddo,

Thank you for your reply and for the recording.

We tried this from our end with the same device and iOS and we couldn't reproduce the same behavior.

In this case we suggest that you perform a clean reinstall of the app as @Eni mentioned in the reply above. There's some more steps to help thoroughly uninstall the app from your phone so if you haven't, we'd highly suggest it since the steps will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

Let us know how everything goes 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

@jeremy 

Thank you I will do a clean install but before doing so can I ask whether there is a way to get a list of all the content I have downloaded so I can easily download them again?

Thank you for your help

Regards

Hi again @iwaddo,

Thank you for getting back in touch with us.

At the moment it's not possible to get a list for your downloads. However your playlists will still exist on your account so you can easily download them again 🙂

Keep us posted.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

So I followed the instructions to completely remove Spotify from my iPhone. The first couple of downloads seemed to be OK but this morning the green bar at the top of the screen is doing exactly the same thing as before.

Any further ideas appreciated.

Regards, Ian. 

Hey @iwaddo,

Thanks for the reply.

Since the app worked fine after the reinstall for some time, there might be an app or setting on your phone which clears clutter or enhances performance. 

Check if you can disable any service like that for Spotify.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

@Alex

I did not experience the problem every time before so it seems I am back to where I started.

I do not have any performance or clearing apps installed.

Thank you for your help

PS, this is the second time I've tried replying the first time I received the following error.

An Unexpected Error has occurred.
  • Your request failed. Please contact your system administrator and provide the date and time you received the error and this Exception ID: 37FF74E2.

Click your browser's Back button to continue.

Hi there @iwaddo

Thanks for getting back in touch.

If you still experience this, it might be caused by an issue with your device's cache. We'd recommend taking a look a this page to see how to clear your cache. 

Does this happen if a different account is logged in on the computer, for example you can ask a friend or a family member to log in to see how it goes. 

We'll be on the lookout for your update.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Deleting the cache was Step 1 in the instructions I followed previously so has already been done.

Regards

Hey @iwaddo

Thanks for letting us know that. 

In this case, we'll be waiting for your reply to know how it went using a different account. 

Keep us in the loop 🙂

EniModerator

@Eni, can I just be clear about the ask. Are you asking me to login to Spotify on my iPhone using someone else's account and use it until this intermittent issue does or does not happen again?

Thank you for help

Hi there @iwaddo

Thanks for getting back to us. 

No worries, what we would like to know is whether the issue persists using a different account. This way we can understand if the issue is account-related.

To check that, you can ask someone (like a friend or a family member who has a Premium account on Spotify) to log in to their account on your iPhone and see if the same happens to them using their own account. 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

EniModerator

Just to keep you updated. I've created a new account and added it to my Family, this allows me to download to my iPhone.

So far neither this new account, or my own account are displaying the problem. I will keep switching between accounts over the next few days and report back.

Thank you for your support.

Hey @iwaddo

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

We're glad to hear that the issue hasn't came back. Take your time to test with your accounts and let us know how it goes.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply!

EniModerator

Suggested posts