Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Your Library

Get help with Your Library on all devices.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Your Sound Capsule: Following your listening stats

You probably already know Spotify launches every year, Spotify Wrapped, which is a rewind of your listening stats. It presents each user their listening stats for that year, including the most listened-to artists and songs, for example. It's really l...

IMG_6759.jpg IMG_6760.jpg IMG_6761.jpg IMG_6764.jpg
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • JohnHowlett
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 61 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 61 likes

Watch and Listen: Introducing music videos on Spotify

Spotify knows that the listening experience is a way to connect artists with fans on many levels. But what if we could enhance these connections with a different perspective? With this in mind, Spotify is introducing a new and powerful way to listen ...

IMG_6446.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Joggerwithoutmusic
  • Casual Listener
  • 44 replies
  • 28 likes
  • 44 replies
  • 28 likes

Spotify Takes Listening With Friends to Another Level with Jam

Spotify is introducing a more fun, intuitive, and collaborative social listening experience with Jam. Whether you’re together or apart, joining a Jam with your loved ones is now simpler than ever by tapping phones, scanning a QR code, or sharing a li...

Community Blog Post.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Okiedokiedorkie
  • Casual Listener
  • 62 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Connect
    JAM
  • 62 replies
  • 48 likes

Playlists now defaults to recently added at the top instead of at the bottom ...

Give us an option to choose which order we want instead of letting users be forced to be accustomed to recently added at the end and then changing default sort behavior. Also if i proceed to manually sort of date, the sort state is not kept in betwee...

• Music Fan
  • Give us an option to choose which order we want instead of letting users be forced to be accustomed to recently added at the end and then changing default sort behavior.   Also if i proceed to...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Confusing library

Hi there!Back in the days I used to listen songs by albums. Even if they weren't full of liked songs. It's easy to scroll and navigate because of catchy covers and one album can contain several songs so scrolling one album = scroll some amount of son...

• Music Fan
  • Hi there! Back in the days I used to listen songs by albums. Even if they weren't full of liked songs. It's easy to scroll and navigate because of catchy covers and one album can contain several son...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Albums
    artists
    Update
    usability
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Desktop Update - Local Files tab missing from main menu

PlanPremiumCountryUnited KingdomDevicePCWindows 10 My Question or IssueMy Spotify Premium was recently updated on 20/11/2020, and I tried to transfer some local files in .mp3 format across from my PC to add to my playlists, download them and sync the...

• Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Device PC Windows 10   My Question or Issue My Spotify Premium was recently updated on 20/11/2020, and I tried to transfer some local files in .mp3 f...
  • Xenia
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • local files
    New Update
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Car view mode option disappeared.

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceSamsung Galaxy A8 (2018) My Question or IssueI've been using the Car view mode in my car everyday since it was added. There has been problems with it from time to time but nothing I couldn't fix within a minute or two. I...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device Samsung Galaxy A8 (2018)   My Question or Issue I've been using the Car view mode in my car everyday since it was added. There has been problems with ...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Release radar not updating

PlanPremiumCountrySpainDeviceiPhone 11Pro Mac, iPad Air 2, Desktop computerOperating SystemiOS 14.2, Windows 10 My Question or Issuemy release radar playlist hasn’t updated in over 2 weeks. I’ve reinstalled the apps and cleared cache and still doesn’...

• Plan Premium Country Spain Device iPhone 11Pro Mac, iPad Air 2, Desktop computer Operating System iOS 14.2, Windows 10   My Question or Issue my release radar playlist hasn’t updated i...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify your top (genre) playlists

Hello,I used to get updated playlists of different genres I listened to on spotify. I only saved the indie and metal ones but I had different genres and I can't find them anymore. Was this feature taken away? I have spotify Premium and this is across...

• Regular
  • Hello, I used to get updated playlists of different genres I listened to on spotify. I only saved the indie and metal ones but I had different genres and I can't find them anymore. Was this featur...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Playlists
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS][Playlists] Shuffle is not really Shuffle

Hello Spotify,I’ve been using your app since the year it came and it has always been my most enjoyable and used app. Saying all this, there are still things that I don’t know about the app. One thing that I’ve noticed the past few months is that when...

• Visitor
  • Hello Spotify, I’ve been using your app since the year it came and it has always been my most enjoyable and used app. Saying all this, there are still things that I don’t know about the app. One thi...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • iOS
    Playlists
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Greyed Out Local Files on iPhone

Plan: PremiumCountry: USA Device: iPhone 7, MacBook AirOperating System: iOS 13.3, oS Sierra My Question or Issue: For the life of me, I can't get my local files to play on my iPhone. Yes, I've been able to in the past, but I can't now. I added my fr...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Country: USA   Device: iPhone 7, MacBook Air Operating System: iOS 13.3, oS Sierra   My Question or Issue: For the life of me, I can't get my lo...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • local files
    Mobile
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist Radio Issues

Whenever I try to start a radio based on a playlist, whether I created that playlist or it is from another user, the radio is not based on that playlist. It uses songs from my personal playlists and can be completely different from the desired playli...

• Casual Listener
  • Whenever I try to start a radio based on a playlist, whether I created that playlist or it is from another user, the radio is not based on that playlist. It uses songs from my personal playlists and ...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • genres
    Playlists
    Radio
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcasts playing in libuary

Morning. Recently when choosing a playlist from the front screen random podcasts are included and play automatically. Is there any way to change this so only music is played? I.e I play 'your daily drive' one of the recommended playlists. In that a v...

• Casual Listener
  • Morning.   Recently when choosing a playlist from the front screen random podcasts are included and play automatically.   Is there any way to change this so only music is played? &nbsp...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • podcast
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files: Some of my songs just keep disappearing from my Local Files

DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueSome of my files in my local file sometimes just disappear. I don't know if it's being read or not but when I drag that file out and put it back in, Spotify then detects it. It usually occurs when...

• Casual Listener
  • Device PC Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue Some of my files in my local file sometimes just disappear. I don't know if it's being read or not but when I drag that file out and pu...
  • slug_camargo
  • Gig Goer
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • local files
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

I dont like how i cant do this

How come when I try to make my playlist picture have a transparent background, it isn't transparent due to a black background? This is what I wanted it to look likeIn reality, the least interesting answer is usually the correct one.and here's what it...

output-onlinepngtools (1).png Tet-TrueTalon_0-1605707318325.png
  • Roadie
  • How come when I try to make my playlist picture have a transparent background, it isn't transparent due to a black background? This is what I wanted it to look like In reality, the least interesti...
  • Coffee1
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Social & Random
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [All Platforms][Your Library] Duplicate Album?

Problem:If I like a song/number of songs from an album, then a few weeks later if I browse to the album from the artist's page, the songs do not show as liked. However, if I go to my "Liked Songs" or followed "Artists" page, I see the songs as liked,...

• Casual Listener
  • Problem: If I like a song/number of songs from an album, then a few weeks later if I browse to the album from the artist's page, the songs do not show as liked.   However, if I go to my "Like...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • All Platforms
    Your Library
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Local Files Not Playing Seamlessly

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceLaptop, iPhoneOperating SystemWindows, iOS My Question or IssueI use a lot of local files for listening on Spotify, but recently I noticed that my local files are no longer playing together seamlessly. It used to ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Laptop, iPhone Operating System Windows, iOS     My Question or Issue I use a lot of local files for listening on Spotify, but recently ...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop][Your Library] Song order in playlist (no an idea)

I had given my own song order in a custom playlist. It's now gone. I have an idea since the last update.Pressing (by accident) once the 'order by date' e.g. my order is now gone. The numbers in front of a song are not fixed (anymore?) so they change ...

• Music Fan
  • I had given my own song order in a custom playlist. It's now gone. I have an idea since the last update. Pressing (by accident) once the 'order by date' e.g. my order is now gone. The numbers in fro...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Your Library
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution My daily mixes have been updating twice a day!

Plan: Premium/FamilyDevice: Android + Desktop My daily mixes sometimes update more than once a day. These updates tend to roll in the morning. I'll have 6 mixes up until 10 am, then they will change and remain that way until the next day. I listen to...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium/Family Device: Android + Desktop   My daily mixes sometimes update more than once a day. These updates tend to roll in the morning. I'll have 6 mixes up until 10 am, then they w...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium for Family
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Liked Songs

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceSamsung Galaxys20ultraOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueWhy do new songs appear in my favorite playlist that I don't hear and music is played via google chrome and I only use Spotify on my Samsung via APP

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country Germany Device Samsung Galaxys20ultra Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Why do new songs appear in my favorite playlist that I don't hear and...
  • AdamDam
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • might be Hacked
    stupid
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

podcast

bazı albümlerde şarkı veya podcastler otomatik olarak atlanıyor istediğim podcastlari dinleyemiyorum

• Visitor
  • bazı albümlerde şarkı veya podcastler otomatik olarak atlanıyor istediğim podcastlari dinleyemiyorum
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files not working properly

PlanPremium DeviceDesktop Windows 10 My Issue:I always update my spotify every time i get the notifacation and almost always have no problems.But this time when i updated some of my local files that was working perfectly fine before the updates sudde...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Device Desktop Windows 10   My Issue: I always update my spotify every time i get the notifacation and almost always have no problems. But this time when i updated so...
  • hahi112
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist folder: add to new playlist not working correctly

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDeviceiPhone XSOperating SystemiOS 14.1 My Question or IssueWhen I select ”add to playlist” and go to a folder and select ”new playlist”, the new playlist appears in the root folder, not the folder I wanted. Example: I have a...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Finland Device iPhone XS Operating System iOS 14.1   My Question or Issue When I select ”add to playlist” and go to a folder and select ”new playlist”, the new pla...
  • 513n1354
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes