Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What if you could classify Spotify playlists in main categories and choose or compile them freely.

What if you could classify Spotify playlists in main categories and choose or compile them freely.

The advantage would be that if you have many playlists, you can find my individual one better, or you can repeat your collection in a topic. The idea behind this playlist is that people who would like to sort their playlists would have the option of arranging their playlists in categories that they can choose or label themselves. Playlists that have a common theme can be compact so that you don't have to search long

5 Replies

The ability to group playlists, for example many young people will have multiple playlists for the same thing. For example, multiple work out playlists, multiple study playlists, multiple playlists to play at work, multiple playlists for when hosting parties. I, like many others, have an abundance of playlists all for different activities and have no way of organising/grouping them. Obviously it would be a completely optional feature for people, but the best way I could describe it would be a playlist of playlists. From this you could even expand the feature with tagging playlists with for example a #tag. This could better enrich your suggested songs further and aid people in discovering new music they love.

There should be files in our profile somewhere that we can add playlists we created of our choice into, so for those like myself (I'm autistic and use music to stim) don't get overwhelmed by a ton of playlists clumped together.

I have gotten to the point when I scroll down to find one of my playlists I scroll on forever until I find the one I am looking for. The idea just came to me that some UI upgrades to make the playlists groupable. I think about how you group apps together. Pulling apps on top of one another to create a folder. 

I believe with more ability to move and costuming my personalized music I would have a more efficient time in finding different music. 

Thank you for your time,

Lane 

I have different playlist based on languages like Latino, R&B favorites , international faves. It would be nice to have ability to create playlist of different playlists. Kind of nested list of the playlist.

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

We moved your post to our help boards where we think it fits better.

Make sure to check out playlist folders on the desktop app, which allows you to group your playlists into categories.

folders_twitter.png

If you're looking for this feature specifically for the mobile apps, there's an existing idea here - If you could add your vote and comments there, that helps to keep things tidy!

In case the idea you had is more specific than that, make sure to first check to see if someone hasn't already submitted a similar idea.

If you can't find what you're looking for, feel free to submit a new idea, making sure to clarify how what you're suggesting would work differently to the existing Spotify features.

Cheers!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts