Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why does a 10000 songs in a playlist limit exist?

Solved!

Why does a 10000 songs in a playlist limit exist?

At first, sorry for bad grammar etc.

Why do we have a 10000 song limit in playlists? Sometimes I want to play my enmtire library on shuffle, so I crated a private playlist with all the songs in my library (which is pretty big). Today I wanted to add some other songs in it, but I got a notification that my playlist is entirelly filled, and I got pretty disappointed. Is there any way to remove this limit in the future? Thanks 🙂

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @chcknn,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Currently there is no way around the 10 000 songs per playlist limit. The developers at Spotify have worked on constantly improving the user experience over the last few years when it comes to Your Library and how many songs you can have. You can read more about it here. So maybe in the future this limitation will be removed as well.

If you think other users might also like it, go ahead and create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @chcknn,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Currently there is no way around the 10 000 songs per playlist limit. The developers at Spotify have worked on constantly improving the user experience over the last few years when it comes to Your Library and how many songs you can have. You can read more about it here. So maybe in the future this limitation will be removed as well.

If you think other users might also like it, go ahead and create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Fun fact: This was already submitted as an idea and voted for by the community. Spotify then cherry picked only the second half of the idea submitted, decided that was enough, and marked the idea as implemented, effectively shutting down the discussion (you can no longer comment on ideas marked "Implemented") and ensuring that the users who had already rallied around that idea were disbanded. Spotify now demands that you submit a new idea and hope (more like pray) that it gets enough votes in the narrow time frame before they shut it down.

So instead of obsessing over user engagement figures and shoving a trash UI down our throats, how about we implement the idea that was already voted for?

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Implemented-Ideas/All-Platforms-Your-Library-Increase-maximum-Songs...

I feel like the maximum amount of songs allowed in one playlist, and subsequently in "Songs" playlist under the new "Collections" feature, should be more than 10,000.

Suggested posts