Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Your Library

Get help with Your Library on all devices.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Watch and Listen: Introducing music videos on Spotify

Spotify knows that the listening experience is a way to connect artists with fans on many levels. But what if we could enhance these connections with a different perspective? With this in mind, Spotify is introducing a new and powerful way to listen ...

IMG_6446.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ricardohidalgo93
  • Spotify
  • 13 replies
  • 18 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 18 likes

Spotify Takes Listening With Friends to Another Level with Jam

Spotify is introducing a more fun, intuitive, and collaborative social listening experience with Jam. Whether you’re together or apart, joining a Jam with your loved ones is now simpler than ever by tapping phones, scanning a QR code, or sharing a li...

Community Blog Post.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 55 replies
  • 47 likes
  • Connect
    JAM
  • 55 replies
  • 47 likes

Introducing Smart Shuffle!

Introducing Smart Shuffle! We know that our users love creating their own playlists to capture key moments in time – in fact, playlists created by users often become their most-streamed playlist for the first several months but listening to these pla...

Joan_0-1678291161091.png Joan_2-1678291160675.png Joan_3-1678291160655.png Elena_1-1678292065514.png
  • strerd
  • Gig Goer
  • 1144 replies
  • 42 likes
  • 1144 replies
  • 42 likes

The Heart button is being replaced with a (+) Plus button

Starting in March 2023, the ♡ Heart button will start being replaced with a (+) Plus button for saving things to Your Library. Things that have been saved to Your Library will now show a green ✔ Check icon instead of a green Heart icon. This new expe...

The Heart button is now a Plus button.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Set playlist is shuffable / playlist is sequencial build up

My Question or Issue I would love to be able to set "shuffle" on specific playlists. Some of your music you want to listen to in shuffle mode (like work music or something like it). Some playlists are build up, or sequencilly built to ramp up/ ramp d...

• Casual Listener
  • My Question or Issue   I would love to be able to set "shuffle" on specific playlists. Some of your music you want to listen to in shuffle mode (like work music or something like it). Some pla...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • shuffle
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Private playlists set to public

PlanPremium (Family)CountryUnited StatesDeviceGalaxy s21 and desktopOperating Systemwindows 10 and Android v12 My Question or IssueRecently all my playlists that were previously made private were shown to be made public on my account. I've set my acc...

• Casual Listener
  • ...reviously made private were shown to be made public on my account. I've set my account to not make new playlists automatically public but it seems to do so anyways. I've been unable to find a fix as r...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Shuffling a folder of playlist songs is repating songs

I have a folder of all my "Workout playlists" and songs are repeating...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a folder of all my "Workout playlists" and songs are repeating...  
  • jrham
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • folders
    Playlists
    shuffle
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Reset/Disable radio recommendations

Hello everyone! Is there a way to reset/disable custom radio recommendations? I'm trying to discover songs similar to the ones I like, every time I jump into a song/artist/album radio, I can only see a long list of songs I already know and have strea...

• Hello everyone!   Is there a way to reset/disable custom radio recommendations? I'm trying to discover songs similar to the ones I like, every time I jump into a song/artist/album radio, I can...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I can't find playlist location in my library

PlanPremiumCountryPolandDeviceMacbook Pro late 2016 / AsusOperating SystemCatalina / Windows 10 Desktop App & Web Player My Question or IssueHello, I have tons of personal playlists in spotify (not sure about the exact number) with many folders. I no...

Screenshot 2020-12-01 at 19.59.08.png Screenshot 2020-12-01 at 19.59.19.png
  • Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Poland Device Macbook Pro late 2016 / Asus Operating System Catalina / Windows 10   Desktop App & Web Player   My Question or Issue Hello,  I have...
  • il0
  • 11 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist Songz

The problem I'm having with Spotify is that once you download a song onto your Playlist...They(Spotify) gives you the new version of that song you downloaded....without even asking you do you want the new updated version...I wishin they leave the son...

• Casual Listener
  • The problem I'm having with Spotify is that once you download a song onto your Playlist...They(Spotify) gives you the new version of that song 🎵 you downloaded....without even asking you do you want...
  • Kiril
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Music Discussion
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Reached limit on offline songs

PlanPremiumCountryPolandDeviceSurface Pro 6Operating SystemArch Linux My Question or IssueI have a message that I reached maximux downloaded offline music but I only that Surface would be my 3th device so it doesn't match anything that I read on the ...

• Plan Premium Country Poland Device Surface Pro 6 Operating System Arch Linux   My Question or Issue I have a message that I reached maximux downloaded offline music but I only that Sur...
  • Vasil
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution why did all my spotify playlists delete randomly

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • Vasil
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist with 5000+ songs can't play more than 3 songs [Xbox one]

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceXbox one xOperating SystemN/A IssueOne of my playlists I created has 5000+ songs and it can't play more than 3 songs before it stops. Nothing else will play unless I switch accounts or exit out of app. This issue started...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Canada Device Xbox one x Operating System N/A   Issue One of my playlists I created has 5000+ songs and it can't play more than 3 songs before it stops. No...
  • Julian
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Xbox One
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution How to grant write access to collaborative playlist?

Hello, i have a collaborative playlist which others can read but not write. See my explainations here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJeGAoGuRso Link to playlist: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/52dPksa6NZ91s3GTv6oZyo?si=fd49e3b1f98348d0 How to g...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   i have a collaborative playlist which others can read but not write. See my explainations here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJeGAoGuRso Link to playlist: https:/...
  • Eni
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution My daily mixes are concurrently overwriting each other

So I clicked on a daily mix today that was supposed to be lounge/exotica artists, that disappeared when I clicked play and then what started playing was a different daily mix that started with Joseph Koo, and then it turned into a mix of soundtrack c...

• Casual Listener
  • So I clicked on a daily mix today that was supposed to be lounge/exotica artists, that disappeared when I clicked play and then what started playing was a different daily mix that started with Joseph...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Bots keep adding songs / duplicate playlist keeping old add dates (for sorting)

PlanPremium My Question or IssueDifferent bots keep adding songs to a specific playlist which I share with a friend. I know I can create a new playlist and add all songs to it, duplicating the playlist so they don't know the link anymore, but I would...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   My Question or Issue Different bots keep adding songs to a specific playlist which I share with a friend. I know I can create a new playlist and add all songs to it, duplicati...
  • Yonivh
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify homescreen only shows 2 playlists.

PlanFreeCountryGermanyDeviceGoogle Pixel 4a, Spotify App on Windows Operating SystemAndroid 11, Windows 10 Pro 21H1 My Question or IssueSo for a few weeks now, whatever songs or playlists I listen to, the usual 8 recent playlists don't update, instea...

• Regular
  • Plan Free Country Germany Device Google Pixel 4a, Spotify App on Windows  Operating System Android 11, Windows 10 Pro 21H1   My Question or Issue So for a few weeks now, whatever ...
  • 13 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 6 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Auto play

Starting from today, spotify randomly started playing random music instead of the songs in my Playlist. I tried looking it up and it has to do with the auto play setting that plays suggested songs. I have turned this setting off multiple times, resta...

• Starting from today, spotify randomly started playing random music instead of the songs in my Playlist. I tried looking it up and it has to do with the auto play setting that plays suggested songs. I...
  • ashng
  • Visitor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • App & Features
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Unwanted songs on my playlist

I have to constantly remove the horrible songs Spotify adds to my playlist. What a pain. Horrible design defect. Spotify is aware of this but seems to have just blown off the previous complaints about this annoying fact.

• Casual Listener
  • I have to constantly remove the horrible songs Spotify adds to my playlist. What a pain. Horrible design defect. Spotify is aware of this but seems to have just blown off the previous complaints abou...
  • Vasil
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Social & Random
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop] Liked Songs not visible

PlanFree/PremiumCountryAustriaDeviceDesktopOperating System Windows 10 My Question or IssueThis exact complaint was made 2 years ago by someone else: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Desktop-Liked-Songs-not-visible/idi-p/4994450but I'm...

• Regular
  • Plan Free/Premium Country Austria Device Desktop Operating System  Windows 10   My Question or Issue This exact complaint was made 2 years ago by someone else: https://community.s...
  • MauriceMV
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [Discover] New Releases Tab

A section of Spotify implemented specifically to share to you new releases of artists you listen to. It isn't the easiest for artists to promote their music, especially on a platform with a popular paid ad free membership option. Adding a section tha...

• Visitor
  • A section of Spotify implemented specifically to share to you new releases of artists you listen to. It isn't the easiest for artists to promote their music, especially on a platform with a popular p...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Radio Playlist does not exist?

Country: SwedenSubscription: PremiumDevice: Iphone X OS: latest update 14.3Spotify version: 8.5.86.739 My Question or IssueI listened to a song that I really liked so I wanted to hear similar songs and clicked “go to radio”. I then got this error mes...

• Regular
  • Country: Sweden Subscription: Premium Device: Iphone X  OS: latest update 14.3 Spotify version: 8.5.86.739   My Question or Issue I listened to a song that I really liked so I wanted...
  • Yordan
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution What is this new "Add to Profile" option, and how does it differ from a Public Playlist?

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDevice(iPhone 6S Plus, Samsung Galaxy S10, PC)Operating System((iOS 14, Android 11, Windows 10) My Question or IssueWhat is this new "Add to Profile" option, and how does it differ from a Public Playlist? If a playlist ...

• Regular
  • ...rofile" option, and how does it differ from a Public Playlist? If a playlist is Public but not Added to Profile, what does that mean? If I add it to profile but make it not public, what then?
  • Edwin71
  • Music Fan
  • 13 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution [Playlists] I miss the days when collaborative playlists were shared among friends...

Now, it seems, that anyone can add a track to playlists that are "collaborative". I have a few collaborative playlists that have been "hacked". I blocked the user and deleted the tracks, but I could not report them as fake accounts or bots. I miss th...

• Visitor
  • Now, it seems, that anyone can add a track to playlists that are "collaborative". I have a few collaborative playlists that have been "hacked". I blocked the user and deleted the tracks, but I could ...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes