Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrapped: Total minutes or times played?

Solved!

Wrapped: Total minutes or times played?

I was revisiting my Wrapped when I thought about how it is calculated. Say I play 2 songs:

• A 3 min song played 10 times for a total of 30 minutes.
  • A 5 min song played 8 times for a total of 40 minutes.

Which song would appear as "being played" more? The song with the most minutes (40) or the song which has been played the most amount (10)?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi Manj,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

The top tracks that appeared for you in the Wrapped 2019 summary, as well the tracks that appear in the “Your Top Songs 2019” playlist, are for the most part ordered by the songs that you played most frequently to least frequently.

For this reason, the track that was played the most times would appear as “being played” more (located higher up in the “Your Top Songs 2019” playlist), rather than the song with the most total minutes of listening time.

You can read more about Wrapped 2019 here; and you can read about what counts as a “listen” on Spotify here.

I hope this helps, and let us know if you have any other questions.

Have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi Manj,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

The top tracks that appeared for you in the Wrapped 2019 summary, as well the tracks that appear in the “Your Top Songs 2019” playlist, are for the most part ordered by the songs that you played most frequently to least frequently.

For this reason, the track that was played the most times would appear as “being played” more (located higher up in the “Your Top Songs 2019” playlist), rather than the song with the most total minutes of listening time.

You can read more about Wrapped 2019 here; and you can read about what counts as a “listen” on Spotify here.

I hope this helps, and let us know if you have any other questions.

Have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star

Thanks. I've finally wrapped my head around it now.

A quick side note - I can't visit the 2nd link you've posted.

Screenshot_20200512-102502_Chrome.jpg

Hi Manj,

I’m glad to have answered your question, and also my apologies for including that second link in my reply; I realized that it includes most of the same information as the first link that I included, but is a Staff Announcement (meant for Rock Star Program members) rather than a Spotify Answer (meant for all Community members) like the first link I included in my reply.

Let us know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star

Suggested posts