Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong highlight when dragging rightclick (deleting the wrong songs)

Wrong highlight when dragging rightclick (deleting the wrong songs)

Currently when you drag the right click a little, it will highlight the song where you released the click but the context menu that opens is for the song where you first clicked. Ive deleted so many songs i didnt want to delete because the visual feedback is wrong. So please make the highlight consisted with the selected song!

I'm using a desktop pc with windows 10 Pro (version 1909), spotify version 1.1.38.558.g4b100958 and i have spotify premium.

edit: I tried it on ubuntu on the same hardware now and it works fine there! because the context menu opens immediately when you press the button down and the highlight stays on that song even if you release on a different song. On windows the context menu opens only after you release the mouse button and it switches the highlight.

GIF 05.08.2020 21-26-17.gif
3 Replies

Seems like you're having an issue worth investigating.

You should try deleting and reinstalling the app. Hopefully that'll fix the issue.

If not, could you post the make, model and OS of your device, Spotify version and the plan you're on? I can't seem to reproduce the issue in my system.
osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I tried reinstalling spotify now but the issue persists.

I'm using a desktop pc with windows 10 (version 1909), spotify version 1.1.38.558.g4b100958 and i have spotify premium.

Pretty sure it was the same with spotify free and like two windows reinstalls ago but i didnt try to reproduce it until now.

@RealNerevar 

Yeah, I'm using Linux too, that's why I couldn't reproduce it here.

Does this happen only with songs from Liked Songs or other playlists as well?

Also, do you remember when did this started to happen?

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts