Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

album collections

album collections

We can add albums to our Library, but it would be great if we could also have the option to put these into 'Collections', within the Albums feature. In other words, choose how we want to group together certain albums, and give that collection our own name, e.g. "Praise Albums", "Rock Albums" etc, like different folders for diffeernt album types. This would make finding our own albums amidst a very large and varied collection easier depending on what we want to listen to that day. It would also promote a wider use of Spotify in searching different types of music, and adding those new types we find and like to our own collections in Albums. Hope this helps. Thanks. 

4 Replies

Hi @ppan75,

Thank you for posting on the Community!

We've moved your post to this help board because this is a feature that already exists.

From the desktop app you can create folders and add playlists/albums to them. In this article you can find more information about the feature. 

Here's a list of other existing ideas related to folders, feel free to add your vote:

Now, if your idea is different from the previous ones, feel free to submit it again highlighting its differences.

We'll be on the lookout.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

These are unfortunately still playlists, and not groups of albums. I want a feature to group my albums so I can classify my albums and play them as albums.

Yeah I have all my Christmas albums saved as one playlist per album because I want them in a folder. But I'd rather just have albums in folders. With the new library it's strange and unintuitive that dragging an album into a folder creates a playlist. Why can't folders contain playlists *and* albums, plus artists, podcasts, etc.?

Suggested posts