Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Your Library

Get help with Your Library on all devices.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Your Sound Capsule: Following your listening stats

You probably already know Spotify launches every year, Spotify Wrapped, which is a rewind of your listening stats. It presents each user their listening stats for that year, including the most listened-to artists and songs, for example. It's really l...

IMG_6759.jpg IMG_6760.jpg IMG_6761.jpg IMG_6764.jpg
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Dave34556
  • 58 replies
  • 61 likes
  • 58 replies
  • 61 likes

Watch and Listen: Introducing music videos on Spotify

Spotify knows that the listening experience is a way to connect artists with fans on many levels. But what if we could enhance these connections with a different perspective? With this in mind, Spotify is introducing a new and powerful way to listen ...

IMG_6446.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Joggerwithoutmusic
  • Casual Listener
  • 44 replies
  • 28 likes
  • 44 replies
  • 28 likes

Spotify Takes Listening With Friends to Another Level with Jam

Spotify is introducing a more fun, intuitive, and collaborative social listening experience with Jam. Whether you’re together or apart, joining a Jam with your loved ones is now simpler than ever by tapping phones, scanning a QR code, or sharing a li...

Community Blog Post.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Okiedokiedorkie
  • Casual Listener
  • 62 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Connect
    JAM
  • 62 replies
  • 48 likes

Superuser Contribution Local files still showing up even with the normal steps

I installed Spotify before and added local files but then uninstalled.Now that I'm back on Spotify, the local files are still there, tried to do the whole going to %appdata% and deleting the file but the file pops right back in and it's also showing ...

• I installed Spotify before and added local files but then uninstalled. Now that I'm back on Spotify, the local files are still there, tried to do the whole going to %appdata% and deleting the file b...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How to remove plus button?

My Question or IssueThis plus button appeared and I would like to remove it. It takes up a large portion of the bottom and is pretty useless as it just lets you make playlists. Is there any way to remove it? Thanks!

• Casual Listener
  • My Question or Issue This plus button appeared and I would like to remove it. It takes up a large portion of the bottom and is pretty useless as it just lets you make playlists. Is there any way to ...
  • okEric
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 6 likes

Superuser Contribution List of all Spotify Auto Generated Mixes

My Question or IssueI wanted to know if there was a way to see a list of every single genre and nano-genre that Spotify generates. I know there are a few recommended on the home page but I know this barely scratches the surface compared to how many t...

• Visitor
  • My Question or Issue I wanted to know if there was a way to see a list of every single genre and nano-genre that Spotify generates. I know there are a few recommended on the home page but I know thi...
  • OscarDC
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Cannot delete empty playlist folder

PlanPremiumVersion8.7.48.1062CountryThe NetherlandsDeviceHP Chromebook x360 14b-ca0550ndOperating SystemGoogle Chrome OS 103.0.5060.114 My Question or IssueI cannot delete the empty playlist folders in my account. I saw this used to be an issue for q...

• Plan Premium Version 8.7.48.1062 Country The Netherlands Device HP Chromebook x360 14b-ca0550nd Operating System Google Chrome OS 103.0.5060.114   My Question or Issue I cannot ...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Song sent from a friend plays totally different song in the app

Sometimes when friends send me direct links to songs in iMessage, I'll click on the link and it will play a totally different song. It doesn't happen all the time, but enough to be a real nuisance. I've told my friends and they'll resend the link, bu...

• Casual Listener
  • Sometimes when friends send me direct links to songs in iMessage, I'll click on the link and it will play a totally different song. It doesn't happen all the time, but enough to be a real nuisance. I...
  • geodegrl2251
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • direct links
    iMessage
    iphone
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Ponniyin selvan tamil podcast missing

PlanFreeCountryIndia Device Samsung GalaxyOperating System Android My Question or Issue Till yesterday(17/07/2022) I was hearing a tamil podcast named ponniyin selvan by PRAK. But suddenly from today morning it's missing. I couldn't find it in any se...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country India   Device Samsung Galaxy Operating System  Android   My Question or Issue  Till yesterday(17/07/2022) I was hearing a tamil podcast named pon...
  • Happy_nila
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't find discover weekly at all.

Hi, I'm listening to Spotify through the web browser on my Chromebook (not the app) and everything is normal and fine but I can't find the discover weekly playlist anywhere. I looked through the 'made for you' topics and the 'discover' topic but none...

• Visitor
  • Hi, I'm listening to Spotify through the web browser on my Chromebook (not the app) and everything is normal and fine but I can't find the discover weekly playlist anywhere. I looked through the 'mad...
  • Vasil
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Alphabetically Sorting Playlists - songs out of place

PlanPremiumCountryCanada My Question or IssueI sorted my playlist by title, but some songs are out of place. Last time I checked, A comes before N and W on the alphabet.

• Plan Premium Country Canada   My Question or Issue I sorted my playlist by title, but some songs are out of place. Last time I checked, A comes before N and W on the alphabet. 
  • Eni
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Why are some songs not available?

Just wondering why are there songs like “Friend like Me” by Robin Williams not be able to add it to my playlist. There a lot of songs that I would like to add to my playlist.

• Casual Listener
  • Just wondering why are there songs like “Friend like Me” by Robin Williams not be able to add it to my playlist. There a lot of songs that I would like to add to my playlist.
  • OscarDC
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Homepage says "Something went wrong"

Hey there!Ever since this morning whenever I go to Home, I keep getting the "Something went wrong" message. It happens both in the browser and Mac app but works fine on iOS.I've tried doing a clean reinstall, putting the app in offline mode and back,...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey there! Ever since this morning whenever I go to Home, I keep getting the "Something went wrong" message. It happens both in the browser and Mac app but works fine on iOS. I've tried doing a...
  • Eni
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution App isn't liking songs when I heart them

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution All of my playlists disappeared!

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 13Operating SystemiOS My Question or IssueI just got a new phone and logged into my Spotify yesterday. Everything was perfectly fine until today and my playlists have disappeared. I’m afraid someone was able to hack ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 13 Operating System iOS   My Question or Issue I just got a new phone and logged into my Spotify yesterday. Everything was perfectly fine until t...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Weird local file behaviour

PlanPremiumCountryItalyDeviceSamsung A52s 5G I have noticed a weird thing when using local files. I noticed that when in a playlist if you transition from a 48khz sample rate local file to a 44.1khz sample rate local file or to a regular spotify trac...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Italy Device Samsung A52s 5G   I have noticed a weird thing when using local files. I noticed that when in a playlist if you transition from a 48khz sample rate local...
  • Francesco10
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify can't play music on headphones but can play on speakers (PC)

PlanFreeCountryPolandWindows 10 When I try to play music on my headphones (USB)on computer app spotify shows "spotify can't play this now. If you have a file on your computer you can import it". When I use speakers (mini jack) it works.Any ideas how ...

•   Plan Free Country Poland Windows 10   When I try to play music on my headphones (USB)on computer app spotify shows "spotify can't play this now. If you have a file on your computer...
  • Vasil
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How do I stop star wars blends from being added to my library?

Plan: PremiumCountry: USA Device: iPhone and Mac Blends between me and star wars characters keep popping up in my library. As a premium subscriber, I shouldn't have to deal with ads in my playlists. How do I stop them from ever showing up again? I ne...

• Regular
  • Plan: Premium Country: USA   Device: iPhone and Mac   Blends between me and star wars characters keep popping up in my library. As a premium subscriber, I shouldn't have to deal w...
  • Vasil
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Song Radios don't play

Any song that I go to it's radio to does not work...-can't start the song up, it refuses to play.-however I can play the first song, the song for the radio, but it goes through a different playlist/que that I suspect is just auto-play.-I can download...

• Casual Listener
  • Any song that I go to it's radio to does not work... -can't start the song up, it refuses to play. -however I can play the first song, the song for the radio, but it goes through a different playli...
  • Yordan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Library is gone

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceSamsung Galaxy A20 My Question or IssueMy phone went through a software update and once I was able to go back on it and open spotify, my library was gone. I clicked onto my account and the username was a bunch of numbers...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device Samsung Galaxy A20   My Question or Issue My phone went through a software update and once I was able to go back on it and open spotify, my library was...
  • River_rdr2
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify deleted songs from my playlist

So I recently got kicked out from a family account and got my own Spotify premium. After logging in again, Spotify seemed to have loaded some kind of back-up from last year. Deleted playlists are back and songs are missing from my normal playlist.Is ...

• Visitor
  • So I recently got kicked out from a family account and got my own Spotify premium. After logging in again, Spotify seemed to have loaded some kind of back-up from last year. Deleted playlists are bac...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes