Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

sync issues

Solved!

sync issues

Plan

Premium

Country

Belgium

Device

tablet : samsung and Smartphong

Operating System

Android (latest version)

My Question or Issue

I have installed Spotify on my tablet and smartphone (using same premium account)

But they do not sync on last played song. 

If I play in car a song and come back home I would like to start the song which I left.

But most of time it does not do that.

When i look at my tablet and smartphone, spotify did not sync it (so i see different songs last played on my tablet and smartphone). which is stupid, as I am logged into my account and it should always sync

how to solve that issue?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @joyriderbe!

Welcome to the Community! 

Currently, when the app is closed on one device it stops syncing to the servers and this is why that info doesn't get synced to the other device. However, the songs should sync if the app is open and active on both devices when you're streaming.

If you'd like to have this feature in the future, you can add it to our ideas board here or you can leave a vote on this existing idea. 

If you have any questions, just let us know 🙂

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @joyriderbe!

Welcome to the Community! 

Currently, when the app is closed on one device it stops syncing to the servers and this is why that info doesn't get synced to the other device. However, the songs should sync if the app is open and active on both devices when you're streaming.

If you'd like to have this feature in the future, you can add it to our ideas board here or you can leave a vote on this existing idea. 

If you have any questions, just let us know 🙂

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts