Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[3.5.0][Bug][Feedback] Bug in Songs list when sorted by title

Solved!

[3.5.0][Bug][Feedback] Bug in Songs list when sorted by title

In the latest version of Spotify for iOS, if you sort the list by title, you get two bugs.

As you can see in the image below, the bottom grey bar seperates the last song starting with B (Budapest) from the first song starting with a C (Calamity Song). And when I select 'California' by Delta Spirit, it plays Calamity Song by The Decemberists.

Seems like a rushed update trying to implement something similar to the way Music.app sorts and seperates songs.

IMG_0028.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I've got the exact same problem..

But more on I have also some grey bars on my iphone when i scroll down the songs..

If you choose recently added in my songs when it plays the right song.

I hope that they will patch it as soon as possible. 

View solution in original post

15 Replies

I think a lot of people are having this issue, I haven't seen much talk of it on Spotify's support pages, but I hope there is an adjustment update pretty soon.

It's a complete pain looking for songs in your song list now that u have to go by recently added. This needs to be changed quickly

Sorted by titles in my songs is just...wrong.
I guess they tried moving number to the bottom and now I can't sort my music without it playing the wrong song. Example I'll click the first song "a broken jar"
And it will play "1,2,3,4"
I'm not sure if I have to reinstall or it's just the update.
Marked as solution

I've got the exact same problem..

But more on I have also some grey bars on my iphone when i scroll down the songs..

If you choose recently added in my songs when it plays the right song.

I hope that they will patch it as soon as possible. 

Same issue here.  I'm newer to Spotify and now that I've downloaded all my songs I'm trying to add them to my Playlists, but I can't.  I never know which song I'm selecting since they don't match up when the list is alphabetized. 

If it makes any difference, or is of any help, I noticed that several songs of mine have numerical titles and are moved now somewhere near the bottom, but not at the exact bottom.  This makes the list slightly out of order, in addition to the grey bars.  All was working fine until a week or two ago.  I keep logging out, deleted and reinstalling the app, etc. but nothing helps. 

If it isn't fixed soon I'm going to stop paying for the premium subscription service since I can't create the playlists I want.  SUPER FRUSTRATING!!!

Hey @Moxkitty @Sebix79.

Would y'all mind posting screenshots of the order you're seeing? 

Hello everyone. I've merge two similar threads and created a post in our Ongoing Issues area. You can follow updates there.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/iOS-3-5-0-Grey-Bars-in-Your-Music/idi-p/1175827

We're investigating this but for now you can try the workaround of sorting by Recently Added instead of Title. 

Yeah so I selected "awake" and it played "around the world" as you can see on the bottom of the picture this is when songs are sorted by title.
image.jpg

That's exactly what my screen shot would look like.  iPhone 6 if that helps any.  Another odd thing... I have various songs with numerical titles and they appear near (but not AT) the bottom of the list now.  That was what first tipped me off. 

Sorting by Recently Added when you're trying to make up your Playlists is not an option. 

IMG_0684.PNG

Version 3.6 recently came out. Can you update and see if this problem still happens?
MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yes it now works thank you

Hey everyone. This should be fixed in version 3.6.0. Thanks for the reports. 

Hey Rory, I'm still seeing this issue on v3.6. I'm on an iPhone 6 running iOS 8.3. I also see only 2 songs no matter my filter settings : ( 

Hey @musicalfriend sorry can you clarify what you mean by "I also see only 2 songs no matter my filter settings".

If you could attach a screenshot too that would be really helpful, thanks!

Suggested posts