Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

408 Error

Solved!

408 Error

I've been trying to access Spotify using my iPad and iPhone, but neither of them work, saying that there's a 408 error. I don't know why it's showing this because my account is registered inside the UK and I've never used Spotify outside of the UK. All of my devices are also registered in the UK, same with my Internet Account. Please help fast!!! Thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

In that case a clean reinstallation as suggested above is probably a good idea. Your playlists will be saved, but you will need to redownload any offline playlists you have synced to the device. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Have you made sure you're logging in with the right account and that your profile country is still set to the UK?

Also, Have you tried a Clean reinstallation of Spotify? Might just make it remember that you're in the right country!

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Thank you for your advice, but I know that my Login Details are correct and that my profile is in the UK. I was thinking of doing a reinstallation but I was afraid that I would lose my playlists. Will that be the case or will my Playlists stay after I reinstall it?

Do you have an active Spotify premium account too? 

If you are logged into a premium account you should never see error 408.

Peter

Peter

Yeah, I have a premium account.
Marked as solution

In that case a clean reinstallation as suggested above is probably a good idea. Your playlists will be saved, but you will need to redownload any offline playlists you have synced to the device. 

Peter

Peter

Thanks very much for your help!!!:)

Hi,

I'm a subscriber to Spotify premium through a teleprovider (Telia sonera) from Denmark. I've recently moved to Milan, Italy, for a couple of months and up until now been able to access Spotify. As of beginning of this week I receive the error code 408 when trying to access it. I changed my regional settings from Facebook and now have been demoted to Free subscriber. I'm still a customer at Telia.

Is there a way to change or remedy this?

Thanks

Suggested posts