Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

AIRPLAY DIRECT

AIRPLAY DIRECT

HELLO 
I have a speaker (libratone classic zip) connected via wifi to my phone iphone 6s, connected wifi but without access to internet.
when I try to use Spotify, it gives me access only to downloaded tracks, not having access to internet via wifi.
is it possible to keep my wifi connection without internet with my speaker, and to set the spotify on the network 4g, to have access to all the music and keep the wireless connection to my speaker ??

waiting to read you

cordially

Plan

Premium

Country

french

Device

iphone 6s 

Operating System

IOS 11.4.1

My Question or Issue

22 Replies

Hey @RRV1657, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Unfortuantely AirPlay doesn't work if you aren't connected to the same network connection. I tested it and my AirPlay device wouldn't show up in my phone until I switched back to the wifi connection.

You can use Spotify Connect which is built-in to the Spotify app or connect through Bluetooth which doesn't require to have an internet connection at all 🙂

I also found this support article from Apple which you can use to learn more about AirPlay features and how it works. 
Have a great day! 🙂

thank you for the time you grant me
this old generation speaker does not have bluetooth, of course, with a bluetooth wireless link, the problem would not arise.
the connection in direct wifi with the speaker, and works very well, I manage to broadcast the music downloaded on spotify.
it is to have access to all the music not downloaded, or the problem arises.
because the activated wifi, spotify tries to connect only via the wifi, last being not connected to the internet, my not downloaded tracks remain innassecibles.

so is it possible to set the access to the server Spotify, like a switch in the application wifi or 4g?
is it reasonable to count on it for the next upgrade ??

Hey @RRV1657,

Could you tell me more about the Wifi connection of Spotify?

Does it connect to your wifi or it doesn't?

Thanks 🙂

sorry 

wifi is the the wireless connection between iphone and speaker 

that's working 

but no internet access, direct airplay

that why all my music on spotify is lock , because off line ,no internet 

so in that case is it possible set spotify on 4g , to keep wifi only wireless connection on the  speaker .

thanks

Hey @RRV1657,

Sorry because I'm a bit confussed now.

So the wifi works with the phone and the speaker, but when you open Spotify it says it's offline? Is that right?

Yes you can use your mobile data with Spotify but would it work with AirPlay with your speaker?

Please let me know 🙂

So the wifi works with the phone and the speaker, but when you open Spotify it says it's offline? Is that right?

right , i think the app see wifi , but no internet acces so offline ( song dark grey )

Yes you can use your mobile data with Spotify but would it work with AirPlay with your speaker?

that' my question ,

to have all my spotify at this moment , i disable wifi put a cable between phone and speaker , and spotify by mobile data ( 4g) 

but this solution is not wireless 

speaker can only connected in wireless by wifi to my phone , but direct wifi , no internet acces, so spotify is offline 

i need a setting by toggle or parameter , on the app , data from spotify from mobile data (4g) or wifi ( with internet acces) 

excuse for my english 

thanks a lot 

Hey @RRV1657,

Thanks for clearing that out for me 🙂

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

hello

i reinstal spotify 

still have the same pb 

ios and spotify are the lastest version 

thanks

hello when i write the version my answers are deleted 

Hey @RRV1657,

That's ok, it should be 8.4.sixnine.787 right?

What about your iOS version? Is it 11.4.1?

Thanks 🙂

yes it is 

your right 

Hey @RRV1657,

Sorry fo the delay 🙂

It looks like you mighe be on Offline mode. Can you confirm that the Offline mode is off, or else Connect won't work even if you're is connected to Wifi. Also, are you able to search for any music you hasn't saved or downloaded on your app?

You can also refer to this FAQ: https://support.spotify.com/using_spotify/troubleshooting/playback-issues/ 

Can you find any any devices when you try Connect with the same Wifi? A screenshot would be nice here. 

Thanks! 🙂

hello 

off line mode is ,of course, off inside spotify setting 

direct airplay , it's wireless connection with only 2 device , iphone and speaker 

when i'm outside my home i can connect my phone to my speaker by wifi 

so on spotify , you can found the speaker , so the both device are linked by wifi .

but all the music on spotify is off line because no internet acces on direct wifi ....

if i close spotify , i can broadcast my own music , because the music is on board the phone ...

when i'm at home every thing works correctly because , my router , my speaker my iphone are on the same network , and there is an internet acess throught the router 

hello 

off line mode is ,of course, off inside spotify setting 

direct airplay , it's wireless connection with only 2 device , iphone and speaker 

when i'm outside my home i can connect my phone to my speaker by wifi 

so on spotify , you can found the speaker , so the both device are linked by wifi .

but all the music on spotify is off line because no internet acces on direct wifi ....

if i close spotify , i can broadcast my own music , because the music is on board the phone ...

when i'm at home every thing works correctly because , my router , my speaker my iphone are on the same network , and there is an internet acess throught the router 

thanks 

Hey @RRV1657,

I'm getting confused by that Wifi thing.

So to clear it up, Spotify works with the wifi, it has internet connection and it's online.

But you need it to connect through AirPlay when outside the home, however from what you said you don't have wifi there just the mobile data. Spotify works with the mobile data but the speaker doesn't have it's own internet.

If that's the case I suggest you either use the hotspot of your iPhone or connect them through bluetooth.

Hope it helps 🙂

So to clear it up, Spotify works with the wifi, it has internet connection and it's online.

yes , right

But you need it to connect through AirPlay when outside the home,

yes , because my speaker have only wifi 

however from what you said you don't have wifi there just the mobile data.

no don't have internet access, you can have a wifi whithout internet access

Spotify works with the mobile data but the speaker doesn't have it's own internet.

my spaker don't have internet , only wifi , not bluetooth 

If that's the case I suggest you either use the hotspot of your iPhone or connect them through bluetooth.

NO BLUETOOTH  ON MY SPEAKER 

thanks 

Hey @RRV1657,

Thanks 🙂

Sorry but what do you mean by that?

I see it doesn't have Bluetooth but as I said you can use the hotspot from your iPhone so the speaker can connect.

Hope it helps 🙂

hello thank you so much fo the time you grant me  

Sorry but what do you mean by that

mean it's adhoc connection , and protocol use wifi , that's all , it's works like bleutooh , with better range . 

but you don't have an access to the web ,  that's why spotify is like ofline 

so my question is it possible to have spotify on phone data from 4g , and speaker on wifi = direct wifi

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wi-Fi_Direct

thanks 

Hey @RRV1657,

I'm happy to help you out 🙂

I know about wifi direct so you meant wifi in this case not as a way to connect to the internet. However, I don't know if iOS plays nice with Wifi Direct at least from what I have heard.

Spotify does work with Mobile Data, 3G/4G/LTE. 

If you can make it play to your speaker using wifi direct that would be great.

If not try the hotspot method.

Remember this Community is to help you out with Spotify if you happen to have any issues 🙂

I also found this article from your speaker's support site, it should be able to help you connect the speaker to your iPhone.

Hope it helps 🙂

Suggested posts