Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account hacked

Account hacked

Hi I recently figured that my account was hacked. I changed my email address and my password. Is there any way to find out how many devices now using my account??
4 Replies

Hi!

Sptify has a good tool that allows you to log out of all devices (except console systems like playstation 3/4). You can get here by going into your spotify profile (not the community one), and going under the account overview tab which can be found on the left hand side of the page. Then sign out of all devices and hopefully get a fresh start!

Hope this helps,

Best,

ibosnall14

I did this but still middle of listening shows that an iPad connected to my account that I don't know him
IMG_4132.PNG

I've had this happen on different occasions too, but never had my account taken over mid stream of me listening. I live on a college campus and share the same wifi with 100's of other students, if I'm not mistaken I think spotify will recognize all accounts that are active on the particular network. If it is a big community network this could be the case, if it is your own personal network may I suggest changing passwords to see if that fixes the issue?

My best guess is though that you are on a network with others who have spotify, (this is how spotify can log in to a device without actually typing in credentials if you authorize it; it also is how you sync local files from a computer over to your mobile device, or long on to your PlayStation). If you haven't had a takeover of your account yet it might check out ok! I hope it does!

Best,

ibonsall14

Hi there, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community.

I’m sorry to hear you think someone else has gained access to your Spotify account. Please check out the FAQ page ”Someone else has gained access to my account” here for the next steps to take.

Thanks!

Suggested posts