Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

AirPlay update / iOS 8 issues

Solved!

AirPlay update / iOS 8 issues

When I minimise the Spotify app on iPhone while its playing music, AppleTV loses connection and the sound fades out. This did not happen before I updated to iOS 8 and the latest ATV software. <br><br>Anyone else having similar problems? Anyone got a fix?
60 Replies

Thanks for hint, I will test Deezer for sure. Even if the suggested workaround works, it is not really comfortable for everyday use.

I also do not understand, why Spotify does not solve (or at least officially react) to this problem. The older version of Spotify (before 12/2014) was working ok. My friend did not update it, we tested it on the same network with the same AppleTV, and it worked like charm. But the later version not. Unfortunately there’s no way to “down-date”...

Has anyone checked the latest update from Feb 10? Has the Airplay issue been fixed? I'm at work right now and can't test.

Tried, and the issue is still there

This is ridiculous

I've given up with Spotify now. Clearly they have no intention of fixing this.

I've switched to Deezer. Much better and AirPlay works perfectly.

i can just repeat, it's working fine on my site. Turn on both switches as described above in my post, some devices may just work, when having bluetooth turned on too.

My iPhone just ran the update: background streaming OFF.

Again the same solution

1. turn settings spotify background streaming OFF

2. turn generic background streaming spotify OFF

3. Turn iPhone OFF

4. Turn iPhone ON

5. Turn Settings Spotify background streaming ON

6. -> generic settings background streaming spotify should set automatically on, if not: Turn ON

7. Done

@Do3del

Would you mind elaborating where these setting you refer to are located?  Because no such settings are present in the app or in iOS 8 on my phone. 

1. turn settings spotify background streaming OFF - ???

2. turn generic background streaming spotify OFF - ???

If I go to settings in Spotify I get the following options:

Account

Playback

Social

Music Quality

Notifications

About

Sure, here you go:

ad 1) Go to your iphone home screen. Press "Preferences", scroll down until you see the prefs for spotify

ad 2) Go to your iphone home screen. Press "Preferences", press "General", press "Background App Refresh", choose Spotify

Here the pics in german, "Hintergrundaktualisierung" means "Background App Refresh), "Einstellungen" means Prefs, "Allgemein" means General

enclosed pics in german IMG_5544.PNG

OK that makes sense now.  Thanks you.

Thanks for the tip.  I can seem to find this preference option.  Any guidance?  

This solution doesnt work. Its not on the background activity settings.

Worked!

This solution works for me. Eventually, I will have to do it again, but at least it it something I can do temporarily.

Hi Guys, 

I've investigated a lot as well, as i found that this issue is REALLY annoying... I think i have a solution, at least it works for me! (on 2 devices)

I dont think it is a Spotify problem, as i have this issue with some other apps as well (NDR-Radio - Germany). I do have a feeling it has something to do with the "app being priority". By that i mean, e.g. if you open Spotify it should be the App that your processor is focusing on. Once you close the app / go to standby it will stop prioritizing spotify and prioritize something else. Thats why the music will stop playing. I am pretty sure this is an iOS 8 issue. Apps cannot get prioritization due to some issues in iOS 8.

Anyways, here is my solution. (dont know exactly why it works - but i figure out it just resets the priority list).

Once you have Spotify open and play a song via Airplay, just hold the Home Button and let Siri open. You can close Siri right away, we just need Siri to help us real quick to go into "Focus" of iOS Device.

Once that done - you will need to hit "play" on Spotify again, and there you go. You can close the app / go to standby and the music will still play through AirPlay.

Let me know if this fixes your issues as well!

Marked as solution

i always find i have this issue after an IOS or spotify update.

The solution i have found in all cases is to restart the phone.

sorry i know this sounds like a standard IT helpdesk answer, but it works for me and i've only had to do it once after each update.

Restant device work! Many thanks diluxe! :-))))

I'm affraid to must go on apple Music... But I prefer Spotify, it's best streaming player on the world 😉

Restart the device work! Many thanks diluxe! :-))))

I was affraid of having to go on Apple Music... But I prefer Spotify, it's best streaming player on the world 😉

Restart the device work! It's done! Many thanks diluxe! :-))))

I was affraid of having to go on Apple Music... But I prefer Spotify, it's best streaming player on the world 😉

I restarted my iPhone and it worked fine for about 3-4 songs, then suddenly Spotify stops playing after 2 seconds. It doesn't matter if I choose other playlist, it plays for 2 seconds by airplay and then just stops. Happens on my iPhone & MacBook Air.

Suggested posts