Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Airplane mode notification

Airplane mode notification

Dear Spotify makers,

Do you use your product while traveling abroad ?

I do, all the time! And in this case, I switch to airplane mode and Spotify in offline mode.

So why ar you constantly asking me to switch off airplane mode since I obviously don't want to be connected to the internet and enjoy my music offline.

Please don't tell me it's an iOS issue, Apple Music is doing just fine!

thanks a lot for taking 5 minutes of your time to help me save countless pop up dismisses!

best,

Simon

C7A2A97F-8E61-498C-9D73-E25E190CFFF0.png
15 Replies

Hey there @simcon2,

thanks for posting !

Does that happen when offline mode is switched on in the settings too?

You might be trying to go on to Airplane mode after Spotify has been set to Offline.

In addition, a quick reinstall of the app might solve it as well.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Hi,

I have tried what you suggested (offline then airplane mode, and also
reinstalled the app), but I still have this issue (same on iOS 12 and iOS
13, using the latest version of the Spotify app).

Did you try to simulate the same behavior on your device (put Spotify in
offline mode, iPhone in airplane mode, then play a song, go background for
a few minutes then Go foreground, and you should have the popup appearing) ?

Thanks a lot for your help 🙂

Best,

Simon

Hey @simcon2,

Let's restart everything to see if that solves the issue. Here's how you can do this.

1. Remove Spotify from your device, here's instructions.
  2. Before you install Spotify back onto your device, remove all devices from here.
  3. Restart your device and Reinstall Spotify.

You'll need to re-download all songs. Be sure not to let your screen go out while downloading and try to keep the Spotify app focused.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Hi,

Sorry to insist but did you try to recreate the bug on your device ?

i guess I am not the only one having this issue right?

thanks for your help,

simon

This is a well documented complaint (I see complaints going back at least 4 years) and this is Spotify support's reply? Unbelievable. Clearly it's a legitimate issue that should be addressed. 

Pleaase provide a legitimate fix or I will not stop complaining. 

I also logged yet another idea for this. Let's just make this happen this time Spotify.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/iOS-Remove-the-Airplane-Mode-pop-up/idi-p/4884997#...

Hi Guido/support,

Did you answer Simon’s follow-up question, i.e. did you try to replicate it yourself? Should be very easy to do. I listen to Spotify all the time and about half of the time in flight mode and your pop-up drives me mad! I already KNOW I’m in flight mode, I need no constant reminders thank you very much. At least give us the opportunity to turn them off. As one of the other community members have pointed out, this has been an issue for years - why not just fix it? 

Best,

Anders

I also have this problem

Hey folks,

Thanks for getting in touch with us 🙂

We've passed the information on to the right team. The team is looking into this. In the meantime, we'd suggest to keep your app up-to-date. That way you can avoid any other potential issues.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Wow. What a useless bit of advise. “No, we haven’t fixed it, but update your app anyway”

So when will it be fixed?

advice*

please FOR THE LOVE OF GOD remove this airplane mode notification. i never ever ever ever ever want to click it again. i have to click it 50 times a day. what year is it!

Encountered this for the first time after switching over to iOS, and I’m completely shocked to realize how old this issue is, how ridiculous is the official response. As a user I’m insulted and as a dev I’m embarrassed, this is a huge turn off coming from a company I had respect for… 

Why hasn't this been fixed? It's even worse on iOS17 because the dynamic island grows to a huge notification EVERY SINGLE time you access Spotify in airplane mode! Why has this INCREDIBLY basic bug not been fixed - it has been going on for many years, and the fix is SO simple.

Suggested posts