Premium
Country
united states
Device
iPhone 6
Operating System
iOS 11

My Question or Issue
Could you possibly put an alarm built right into the app, so many people could Benefit from this feature. It could shut your music off whenever you set it and you can set it to play a song or playlist in the morning. I sleep with my music on and my playlist is about 50 hours long so when I wake up my iPhone is still playing music and it is really hot.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

This is now achievable with a workaround: create a Siri shortcut that plays your chosen song/playlist, and then create an iOS Automation that runs the shortcut at a specific day/time.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hi @0mh53np-ma_rj and welcome to the Community! 🙂

This is a great idea and actually requested by alot of users. Great thing is it's still live and can be voted for here!
Feel free to vote for it or for any ideas you'd love to see Spotify consider. 
Have a good one! 🙂

Marked as solution

This is now achievable with a workaround: create a Siri shortcut that plays your chosen song/playlist, and then create an iOS Automation that runs the shortcut at a specific day/time.

Hi there @melvynadam,

Thanks for sharing your workaround with the Community!

Sure other users who face this issue would find it helpful 🙂

Don't hesitate to reach out if you have questions.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I did the workaround but im having trouble with getting spotify to run. It always says that the operation took too long to complete. It only happens when I wasnt on my phone for a couple hours (like when im sleeping)

Hi @skeczeli,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

In this case we would suggest that you perform a clean reinstall of the app. This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi @melvynadam, 

I have same issue. I made a automation, but it doesnt work with lock screen. It need to unlock screen. Without that I get a message "automation failed - It is possible, that Spotify doesnt installed on this device" 😞
@Jeremy Clean reinstall brings any help 😞

Hey @Pepek2,

Thanks for your reply in this thread.

We really appreciate you keeping us posted about this. In this case, since the workaround proposed involves a third party, unfortunately there's no much we can do on our end.

Nevertheless, another user had a similar request, so they posted this idea about it. Even though the status is set as Not right now as there are no immediate plans to implement this, it doesn't mean the idea has been rejected. Feel free to add your vote in the thumbs up icon and you can also subscribe to it in the three-dot menu, that way you can stay up-to-date with any relevant news about this.

We hope you found this helpful. Let us know if you need anything else. 

Take care!

AlejaRModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts