Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

(iPhone 8)

Operating System

(iOS 10)

With this new update, all it plays is something called my 'Queue.' If I start playing a playlist, it plays the first song before jumping back to the 'Queue.' What is this 'Queue' and How do I disable it? The long and short of it is that I feel as though control of my music has been taken away. And, I'm paying for that.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: All it plays is my 'Queue.'

Rising Star 19 DanifC
Rising Star 19

Hi Chris, 

I will add an explanation of how the Queue works here at the beginning. Skip to the last paragraph to see how to clear queue.

So the Queue is just a list of what songs will play after the one you're currently listening to. If you are listening to an playlist straight through, the next song in the queue will be the next in the playlist, for example. So, say you're listening to your Discover Weekly. In your Queue list, it will show "Now Playing" at the top, and "Next From: Discover Weekly" below that.

A feature of the Queue is that you can "add a song to queue." These songs will show in a section called "Next in Queue"  between Now Playing and Next From:. If you add a song to queue, Spotify will assume you want to hear it next after now playing. If you add multiple songs in the queue, it will play them in the order that you added them.

Sometimes users will accidentally add songs or even entire playlists/albums to their queue without them realizing it, and it can cause a lot of confusion. To clear the queue on mobile, tap the queue button from the now playing screen (the three lines with the triangle at the bottom right corner). In your "next in queue" section, select the songs you want to remove from queue by tapping the circle to the left of the title. After selecting the songs you want to remove, tap remove at the bottom left corner. It sounds like you have a lot of songs clogging the queue right now. To speed this process up (on mobile you have to tap each song one by one before removing), go to the desktop app if you have access to it, click the queue button (bottom right, two icons over from the sound slider), and simply click "clear" to the right of the next in queue section. 

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any problems.

DanifCRising Star 19
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
3 Replies
Solution!

Rising Star 19 DanifC
Rising Star 19

Hi Chris, 

I will add an explanation of how the Queue works here at the beginning. Skip to the last paragraph to see how to clear queue.

So the Queue is just a list of what songs will play after the one you're currently listening to. If you are listening to an playlist straight through, the next song in the queue will be the next in the playlist, for example. So, say you're listening to your Discover Weekly. In your Queue list, it will show "Now Playing" at the top, and "Next From: Discover Weekly" below that.

A feature of the Queue is that you can "add a song to queue." These songs will show in a section called "Next in Queue"  between Now Playing and Next From:. If you add a song to queue, Spotify will assume you want to hear it next after now playing. If you add multiple songs in the queue, it will play them in the order that you added them.

Sometimes users will accidentally add songs or even entire playlists/albums to their queue without them realizing it, and it can cause a lot of confusion. To clear the queue on mobile, tap the queue button from the now playing screen (the three lines with the triangle at the bottom right corner). In your "next in queue" section, select the songs you want to remove from queue by tapping the circle to the left of the title. After selecting the songs you want to remove, tap remove at the bottom left corner. It sounds like you have a lot of songs clogging the queue right now. To speed this process up (on mobile you have to tap each song one by one before removing), go to the desktop app if you have access to it, click the queue button (bottom right, two icons over from the sound slider), and simply click "clear" to the right of the next in queue section. 

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any problems.

DanifCRising Star 19

Chris_NH
Regular

Thanks for this! Actually, simultaneously to your answer, I simply deleted and re-installed Spotify. Everything is working as it was before.

Rising Star 19 DanifC
Rising Star 19

Great! Well, now if you have problems with your queue in the features, you will know what to look out for! :-) Have a great day. 

DanifCRising Star 19
SUGGESTED POSTS