Plan: 

Premium

Sweden

Device

iPhone X, iPad 

Operating System

iOS 12

My Question or Issue
When I'm connected to wifi and I try to use the search function or the browse tab I get the error message "An error occured". If I turn off the wifi and use my mobile data it works. I haven't had this problem in the past, and I haven't made any changes to my local wifi network either. And it works when I use the desktop app on my laptop. I've tried signing in and out of Spotify, reinstalling the app and rebooting the devices. Nothing works. 
I'm running Spotify version 8.4.71.578.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

That did the trick. Thanks for your swift and helpful replies! 🙂

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? Sorry if that may sound a bit repetitive but if that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app by following these steps.

I'd also recommend trying it with another wifi connection to see if that still persists 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Hello, thanks for the quick response 🙂

I've tried restaring the devices and reinstalling the app, but that haven't helped.

As I wrote in the first post: I'm running Spotify version 8.4.71.578 and iOS 12.

Hey @mattisforsman,

Thanks for confirming that 🙂

Could you try it with another wifi connection?

If possible please try to sign in with another Spotify account?

Please let me know 🙂

Hey!

Tried logging in to another account - didn't work. However, other wifi-connections seem to work. 

Hey @mattisforsman,

Thanks for reporting back 🙂

So if you try it with another wifi connection it works even with that account I'd recommend resetting your router or contacting your ISP.

Hope it helps!

Marked as solution

That did the trick. Thanks for your swift and helpful replies! 🙂

Anyone else who has this problem on desktop - this is a weird solution but worked for me

I searched 'desktop spotify' on google and got an artist url result for an artist called 'desktop'. Use that as your new spotify page. The home page still doesn't work but the rest does. I don't know if other artist urls work for this purpose.

Suggested posts