Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Annoying bug in iOS 12

Annoying bug in iOS 12

Plan

Free

Country

Australia

Device

Iphone XS 256GB

Operating System

iOS 12.0.1

My Question or Issue

For many times when I’m not listening to Spotify then I want to, I return to the app and it is completely frozen. It does show the ui, though. I tap the play button and nothing happens, but after some seconds it starts playing. However, if in the meantime I press the button once or multiple times, it eventually starts a series of play-pause-play-pause depending on how many times I tapped the play/pause button.

As this device has 4GB RAM and a top of line A12 Bionic CPU and all other apps I use doesn’t have this behaviour, maybe there’s is something wrong with Spotify. 

The best UX for this would be having the UI ready straight away when we return to the app and starting playing as soon as the user taps the play button.

5 Replies

Hey @felipedrumond Welcome to the Spotify Community!

By any chance have you given the App a reinstall? Usually this would help solve this issue because either A) the app didnt get installed correctly or B) you are missing a file thus creating that bug. If you havent given the App a clean reinstall then give that a try and if the problem still persist, let me know

Keanu_C

Keanu_CSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Keanu_C, no, I've never deleted and reinstalled. However, the iOS apps
auto update is on.
I just deleted and reinstalled, though. Let's see what happens...

Hi @Keanu_C, reinstalling the app didn't solve the issue. After 3 hours without pausing the music, going to home screen and not using the device much, I had the same issue when I tried to resume.

* not 3 hours, it was around 1-1.5 hours.

Hey @felipedrumond, welcome to the Community.
Hope you're doing great!

Could you add your details here in this thread?

Thanks 🙂

Suggested posts