Free

Country

United States

Device

iPhone 10 XR

Operating System

iOS 14.2

My Question or Issue

Whenever I use the Spotify app on my phone it usually works fine. I can play Spotify playlists fine, I can play my playlists fine, etc. The issue is when I try to shuffle play an Album, and only when playing an album will my app close itself if I try to listen to it in the background. If I leave my screen on it doesn't close; I have my settings set to turn off my screen after 2 minutes but if I leave Spotify open my screen stays on. As much as I love and appreciate Spotify made playlists, I would prefer to just shuffle play individual albums. I would also like to say that this has been an issue for me for multiple iOS updates and Spotify updates and I have tried clearing my cache and reinstalling the app, all to no prevail. Thank you for reading my post and any and all responses would be very much appreciated!

3 Replies

Hi @Yo4777!

Thanks for reaching out. Just to check, can you let us know if while you're using the Spotify app you've noticed any unusual battery draining? If so, you can add your vote and subscribe to this thread.

On another note, we suggest that you also give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall. This one is more thorough than the usual one. Additionally, tell us if your phone's battery saving options are disabled. 

We'll be on the lookout for your response.

Hey Peter,

Thank you for responding and I apoligize that it took me so long to see your message. I haven't seen any extra battery drainage happening while using the app. I have tried a clean reinstall in the past and the problem persisted but I will try it again to see if it might be different this time. My phone's battery saving options are turned off and I have background app refresh turned off. I found in another thread that it could be from me being logged into spotify on multiple devices. I have logged out of spotify from my laptop's app and from spotify web player. My spotify account is also linked to my xbox one as well. I will continue to listen to albums and update as soon as I can determine if the problem has been resolved or not.

Hey there @Yo4777,

Thank you for your reply.

If a clean reinstall of the app doesn't do the trick - can you let us know which version of the app you have?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts