Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App Crashing

Solved!

App Crashing

Plan

Free

Country

America

Device

iPhone 6+

My Question or Issue

The problem that I have is, every three quarters of every song or about every one eighth of every podcast my app crashes. This has been a problem for a while for me. Also, just a suggestion, I would stop playing playlists based upon our own playlist, it angers me greatly. This is not my real Spotify account because sadly I forgot my log in for said Spotify account, if this becomes an issue I will gladly give my username if this gets fixed, I’m afraid I will delete the app if one more shady thing like this happens again, please fix this, my life revolves around music.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Smurfboii, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a clean reinstall of the app following these steps.

If you're still having trouble, let me know what device this happens on, as well as the current software version.

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Smurfboii, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a clean reinstall of the app following these steps.

If you're still having trouble, let me know what device this happens on, as well as the current software version.

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star

It works!!!!!

Thank you very much Billy-J

Hey @Smurfboii,

You're welcome! I'm happy to hear everything is good to go. If you need help in the future, you can always start a new topic and the Community will be happy to help.

Have a great day!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hey how did u do it I’m having a problem I deleted my phone and restarted all over and nothings i will apreciated if show me

Hey @Rainbowshadow81

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

As @Billy-J suggested, you might need to run a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on the affected device. This will remove any corrupted data from previous installations that could be causing the issue. 

If this persists, check if any battery optimization or data cleaning settings run active on your device and disable them. Make sure you try this since such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted.  

Suggested posts