Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App crashes on IOS after 1 minute and 20 seconds

Solved!

App crashes on IOS after 1 minute and 20 seconds

I am using Spotify version 8.6.54 on an iPhone 12 running IOS 14.7.1 and while living in the USA. The most recent update stops playing music 1 minute and 20 seconds after I press the play button.  What I typically do is play the music through my phone with no headphones while cleaning the house. Today I noticed that after pressing play and setting my phone down the music stops abruptly after 1 minutes and 20 seconds of playing. I have force closed the app and restarted my phone but the issue remains.  Any help you can provide is appreciated.  Thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @radioactivesmrf,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

Could you try logging out from your account and then restarting your phone one more time? Let us know if after logging in again the issue persists.

If it does, it's worth running a clean reinstall of the app by following these steps. This can be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble.

If this doesn't do the trick either, can you let us know if this happens when your phone is connected to another device, like a Bluetooth speaker?

We'll be looking out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hi @MarketingMan

Thanks for your reply ๐Ÿ™‚ 

In this case, take your time to check if the same happens with the latest version of the app and let us know how it went. 

Additionally, could you make sure that Spotify has all necessary permissions enabled on your phone?

1. Open your Settings menu.

2. Scroll to the bottom to find Spotify and open the app settings.

3. Enable everything you see.

Keep us posted. 

EniModerator

โ€œMusic acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.โ€โ€“ Maria von Trapp

View solution in original post

18 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @radioactivesmrf,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

Could you try logging out from your account and then restarting your phone one more time? Let us know if after logging in again the issue persists.

If it does, it's worth running a clean reinstall of the app by following these steps. This can be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble.

If this doesn't do the trick either, can you let us know if this happens when your phone is connected to another device, like a Bluetooth speaker?

We'll be looking out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

Same here:
My Spotify app crashes after playing music for roughly 50 (?) seconds. It only occurs if the screen is locked and always after the same amount of seconds.

After the crash the app reboots with the Spotify logo, starts at the home screen and shows me the last played song at 0 seconds.

It doesn't matter if i play it through my internal phone speaker or with wireless headphones as long as the phone is locked.

It started occurring after the lastest app update 8.6.54. My wife has the same problem.

Sometimes it works fine, sometimes it works after a few crashes (yesterday) but right now it crashes time after time.

Hey there @MarketingMan

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Just to confirm, have you already tried the steps @CarlosE sent previously?

If so, we suggest that you make sure the OS of your device is up-to-date. Also, we'd like to know if this started happening after a specific event such as an update.

On another note, could you check if your phone's battery saving options are disabled?    

Keep us posted.

EniModerator

โ€œMusic acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.โ€โ€“ Maria von Trapp

Tried the steps Carlos mentioned. Didn't help.

As reported here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/iOS-app-crashes-after-update-to-8-6-54/m-p/5252509

everything is up-to-date and Spotify still on 8.6.54. Just checked and meanwhile spotify version 8.6.56 released. I will try it.

Battery saving options are disabled.

Marked as solution

Hi @MarketingMan

Thanks for your reply ๐Ÿ™‚ 

In this case, take your time to check if the same happens with the latest version of the app and let us know how it went. 

Additionally, could you make sure that Spotify has all necessary permissions enabled on your phone?

1. Open your Settings menu.

2. Scroll to the bottom to find Spotify and open the app settings.

3. Enable everything you see.

Keep us posted. 

EniModerator

Having the same issue. Followed all the steps in this thread and still no resolve. Please advise. 

Deleting a reinstalling the app has fixed the issue for me so far.

I also have this problem. I have used the "Sign out everywhere" feature, and reinstalled the app on my iPhone running iOS 15.1.1 running version 8.6.80.1180 as well as tried restarting my iPhone. Like the OP, it seems to crash exactly at 1 minute 20 seconds from the moment I press Play. I can tell it crashes because tapping the Spotify icon launches the app again with the logo and then showing the song I was playing back at 0:00. 

I have found that if I keep Spotify open with the screen on the whole time, it wont crash. However obviously that causes excessive battery drain... Playing straight through the browser seems to work for now.

I have the same problem, I reinstalled the app but still crashes.

There is clearly a problem with the newest version of the update.

Having the same issues with Spotify version 8.6.80.1180 and iOS version 15.0.2

Also having the same issue since 2/3 hours ago.

Tried all the steps no success 

Guess I'll switch to Apple music ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

same problem, crashes after 1:20 on iOS

This just started for me today, crashing after a few seconds to a minute playing any song, including ones I had cached (before I deleted the cache and clean reinstalled the app). I've done a clean reinstall, used the "log out of everywhere" function, reset my password, and restarted my phone. No luck. This really sucks bc I usually listen to music all day long while working. I'm on version 8.6.80.1180 and ios 14.6.

Iphone XR iOS 14.8, same problem, fixes donยดt work at all, fix your software!

That worked! Thanks

Hey folks,

Thanks for your posts.

This should be fixed by now. If you're still experiencing this, make sure to run a clean reinstall of the app.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Can confirm is no longer auto-pausing.

Suggested posts