NEXT STEP

App crashes when trying to transition to specific song

App crashes when trying to transition to specific song

Plan Premium

Country Turkey

Device iPhone 14 Pro

Operating System iOS 17.2.1

My Question or Issue

I have a particular issue. I was listening music in Spotify app where I realized the app crashed while transitioning to the next track. I tried this 5 times after the initial crash and it keeps happening.

Funny enough, app does not crash when I transition to previous track. I'll attach couple screen recordings.

PS: I tried to use next button to play next track and with gesture. Both leads to a crash. I am not sure if this is because of the specific song that Spotify app tries to play.

Please see the attachments.

Thanks a lot!

Ugurcan

Top Answer
Vasil

Hey folks!

Thank you for all the reports.
The issue is currently being investigated and we'll keep you posted on how things go 🙂 

For anyone still experiencing it who hasn't done so, please provide us with the following details:

• When did the issue first start appearing
  • Your device's make & model
  • Is OS version
  • Your Spotify app version

Much appreciated!

9 Replies

Here is the second crash recording where I use swipe gesture.

Hi. I have the same problem. I hope that its a yeasy and fast fix. 

This exact thing is happening to me when I play a specific song (how soon is now-the smiths) or if I choose a cover of that same song or a remix it’s just that song and it’s rlly annoying I’ve literally tried updating my phone and Spotify I’ve reset my phone and redownloaded Spotify and I’ve logged out and logged back in and it’s still ceasing 😭 lmk if anyone finds out how to fix it 

I’m having the same issue with “I serve the base” by future. I can’t play the song on my iPhone in a way, whether transitioning, playing from library or from a playlist. 

i’ve been having this issue aswell im on iphone 14 and im trying to listen to this playlist and all it’s doing is playing 2 songs them crashing exactly the same problem im on normal 14

Plan

Premium

Country

uk

Device

iphone 14

Operating System

ios 17.2.1

My Question or Issue

i’ve been trying to listen to some song i enjoy and when i try to play them it just crash the app i can search them and play them individually but that’s just dull

ive atttached some videos 

You’re not the only one. I’ve just noticed a lot of songs now crash mine too when I try to enlarge it to that screen. Must’ve been a rogue update 

Hopefully the problem can be identified through crash logs or something like that. I would suspect Spotify have this issue tracked somewhere. It's the matter of "time to fix" i think 🤞  

Hey folks!

Thank you for all the reports.
The issue is currently being investigated and we'll keep you posted on how things go 🙂 

For anyone still experiencing it who hasn't done so, please provide us with the following details:

• When did the issue first start appearing
  • Your device's make & model
  • Is OS version
  • Your Spotify app version

Much appreciated!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts