Premium

Country

Canada

Device

iPhone 8

Operating System

iOS 15.6.1

My Question or Issue

My phone automatically installed update 8.7.90 three days ago. Since then, the app crashes constantly. It will get half way through a song and abruptly stop playing. I then won't be able to play any songs or open playlists until I restart my phone. Restarting the app doesn't work. At other times, I will have a playlist open or songs in the queue, and the song will skip track on its own and stop playing, removing the playlist or the queue from the rotation.

5 Replies

Similar issue here on my iPhone. Since updating to version 8.7.90 anytime I’m connected to a Bluetooth speaker the app will crash when: I try to tune off the screen to save battery, or let it play for a while song or two. The app freezes and eventually crashes.   None of this happens if I’m not connected to a Bluetooth speaker. This has also never happened using the same Bluetooth speakers before updating to the newest app version.  
iOS 14.1 

Hi folks,

Thanks for your posts.

Can you please try to disable the Shuffle function and let us know if the app keeps crashing after that?

Looking forward to your replies.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you Alex!  I’m my case shuffle was already off.  I turned it on and off again but the app still freezes and crashes if my iPhone is playing Spotify through a Bluetooth speaker.  

Hi Alex,

Sorry for the delayed reply. I've not had the crashing issue when Shuffle is disabled, but I am still having the playlist issue.

To add to my previous post, my partner uses Spotify on Android and she's been encountering the exact same issue.

Thanks,

Josh

Hey folks,

Thank you for keeping in contact and for the info shared.

Since this can be caused by some damaged cache stored from the previous version, we'd first recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app by following the steps in this article. This is often an overlooked step, but it’s more thorough than a quick one and can be helpful in getting rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

If the issue persists, would you mind checking on a different device (using your own account) to see if it makes any difference? If you don't have another one available, you can borrow one from a friend or family member to test it out. 

We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts