Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App keeps crashing - trying to add a song to a playlist and scrolling down

App keeps crashing - trying to add a song to a playlist and scrolling down

hi there,

my ios app keeps crashing after i tap 'add song to playlist' and then scroll down to find a playlist i want to add it to. if i scroll incredibly slowly it doesn't crash, but if i scroll at a normal pace it crashes. it's quite frustrating since it interrupts the listening experience + i have hundreds of playlists and sometimes i want to add a song to many of them.

does anyone else have this issue? is there a solution?

many thanks,

n

11 Replies

Hey there @tupsan

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

First thing you can try is running a clean reinstall of Spotify on your iOS device. We recommend this step since it removes any corrupted data from previous installations which might be causing this. 

If you experience thе issue while listening online, make sure you restart the network device (router or modem), then log out and back in to the Spotify app. In case this happens when listening to downloaded content, try disabling any power saving or data cleaning settings on your mobile device since such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted.

1. I’m having this problem too. Tried your solution it did not work. Your mobile app is soo buggy and so crappy compared to the ones in the past... it’s almost **bleep**ing useless. This is not a user problem... FIX IT.

i am SOOOOO upset that I updated my app. I HATE IT. You took away so many things and now it crashes doing a simple add to playlist. 

If you scroll too fast, it crashes the app. That’s **bleep** i n g. R e t a r d e d. 

Hey there @GreenOnions,

Thank you for your reply. We're sorry to hear that you experience this. 

Can you exclude the app from any battery optimization: Mobile settings> Apps> Spotify> Battery> Optimize battery usage> select top All (not optimized for apps)> Spotify> disable.

Also - can you try with another internet connection to see if the issue persist?

If that doesn't do the trick - can you let us know which version of the app you have?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

No I don’t have time to run all these tests for you. I don’t work for you, I pay you

I reinstalled the app TODAY. Newest version.

Hi again @GreenOnions,

Thank you for your reply.

We understand, but we need to troubleshoot so we can make sure there's no setting that's causing this.

We would appreciate if you can try this so we can sort this out for you together.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away.

JeremyModerator

How do you troubleshoot this

It seems to do this only when playing music and after songs are downloaded

Hey there folks,

We currently have this ongoing issue. If this is what you experience we suggest that you head over to the thread and leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates.

@MutualistAncom - can you let us know if you followed the troubleshooting steps that's been provided in this thread so far?

Keep us posted 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator

How do I troubleshoot?

Hey again @MutualistAncom,

Thank you for your reply.

We suggest that you start with a clean reinstall of the app. You can find the steps by clicking here. This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If that doesn't do the trick - can you try with another internet connection to see if the issue persist?

Also - does this occur on one specific device or multiple devices?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

JeremyModerator

Suggested posts