Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Apple Carplay not working + Error Code

Apple Carplay not working + Error Code

I'm driving a 2016 Chevrolet Cruze LT D2 that I've had now for just over a month, and I have yet to be able to listen to spotify in the car through the Apple CarPlay integration.  

1. The app seems to freeze as soon as it connects/opens up.  Spotify will show the initial menu.  But clicking on anything always takes you to a black/grey screen and nothing seems to happen even after waiting for data to show.
  2. If I had a song playing on the phone prior to connecting it to the car, it will play the for about 5-10 seconds then disconnect and freeze.  Happens every time.
  3. After being frustrated with it one of those days, I received the error code seen in the picture within the Spotify app. 'The operation couldn't be completed. (MCDError error 1.)'
  4. I have an iPhone 6S PLUS model
  5. iOS  is up to date at iOS 9.3.3
  6. Running Spotify version 5.7.0.1055

With having tried so many times now to make this work, it's a big disappointment that i'm not able to get it working.  Hopefully this can get fixed soon.

IMG_20160629_204617172_HDR.jpg

1 Reply

I have this exact same issue with my 2017 Ford Fusion with Sync 3 and my iPhone 6 running iOS 9.3.3. The app works fine prior to this error. As soon as I get this error it crashes, and it also crashes when unplugged from the car just trying to use it on the phone. I need to delete the app and reinstall it. I am able to stream music via Bluetooth but then car play is not enabled.

Suggested posts