Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Apple Watch Spotify no longer working using Siri

Apple Watch Spotify no longer working using Siri

Hi Folks, I just updated Spotify. However, the update has caused The apple watch to longer fully work with the “on Spotify” command through Siri (on the watch only). For example, if you as it to play a song “on Spotify” on the watch the app will open but wont go to the song and wont play. It worked fine before.

I have only updated the Spotify app nothing else. I then tried updating the watch and ios software as well as restarting, removing, re installing, blah, blah.

I believe other folk are having this issue. I see moderators have been trying to help but it is clear that the spotify code writers aren’t communicating the changes to the ground staff and Spotify isn’tbbeing tested on third party devices. Given this was just a recent addition to the watch I dont understand why they dis not test the functionality of the update on the apple watch.

Has anyone got any solutions and has anyone updated Spotify and it still works and plays through Siri voice command on the Watch only not using Siri on the phone.

Thanks.

1 Reply

Hey @Fegeou,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Given you already tried some relevant trouble-shooting, we'd suggest it'd be great for you to head over to this Ongoing Issue and add your +VOTE as well as relevant info or feedback.

Make sure you subscribe so you'll be notified when a fix is available!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts