Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Apple Watch

Apple Watch

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia 

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

YOU NEED TO SORT OUT THE APPLE WATCH CELLULAR DATA ISSUE ASAP! YOU ARE LOOSING SO MANY CLIENTS BASED ON THIS AND THEY ARE ALL GOING BACK TO APPLE MUSIC. WHAT IS THE POINT OF HAVING MY APPLE WATCH AND STILL NEEDING TO CARRY AROUND MY PHONE TO LISTEN TO SPOTIFY?!

4 Replies

I’m very close to going back to Apple Music for my entire family just based on the fact that we cannot play Spotify offline via the Apple Watch. This makes no sense and if they don’t fix it soon, count us as another family that has gone back to Apple Music. 

Why are there that many posts on that topic still!? Everyone should be aware by now that Apple is blocking that in order to sell their music subscriptions... Spotify would have done that ages ago!

I love Apple products but I really refuse to help them getting too powerful and control everything within our digital lives!

Good news!

Spotify now supports downloads on Apple Watch. This will be rolling out over the next several weeks.

Check out this Spotify news article for more info:

Enjoy More Ways Than Ever to Use Spotify on Your Apple Watch—Now With Downloads 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@mattSuda: and when is the offline functionality going to work offline? Spotify crashes when the Watch is not connected to Wifi/Cellular. "Suddenly" is able to start when Watch is connected to either Wifi or Cellular. Sounds like bogus marketing release. Quite annoying when the Gym blocks Radio for obvious good reasons (hidden radio webcams, prevent streaming from gym, etc)

Suggested posts