Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Artist squashed in CarPlay

Artist squashed in CarPlay

Plan

Premium

Country

Ireland

Device

iPhone 11

Operating System

iOS 14.5

Car

Seat Leon, 2021

My Question or Issue

When on CarPlay, the artist name is squashed or over written by the Song / Album title. See attached for an example. This happens on all songs.

10 Replies

Sorry, my attachment didn't post in the OP

20210429_132815493_iOS.png

Hey there @user-removed, 

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community, and welcome 🙂

We'd first recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app to see if this makes any difference. This is often an overlooked step, but it’s more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

Let us know how it goes so we can continue assisting if needed.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi,

I have performed a clean install, but the problem still exists.

Hey @user-removed, 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

If possible, could you give it a try using a different phone to see if you can replicate it?

Also, let us know the exact Spotify version you're currently running.

We'll be on the lookout.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Hi there

I wasn’t able to verify with another iPhone in my car, but I did find someone with the same car who has an iPhone also and they too experience the issue.

Spotify version is 8.6.22.1228

Hey there @user-removed, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Could you let us know if this started happening after a specific event such as an update?

On another note, could you check if the OS of your device has any pending updates?

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

No, it's always been there. I have no OS updates pending.

I'd suspect it's the resolution of the screen in the car that's causing it. There are several people online with the same car also experiencing the same issue.

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We recommend that you perform a reinstall of the CarPlay as well. It's possible that that some of the files have gotten damaged and causing this issue. 

If this doesn't make any difference, we'd suggest reaching out to the manufacturer for more info since how the info is displayed depends on the car's infotainments system.

Keep us in the loop. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Well, it's obvious you have no idea what CarPlay is if you think it can be reinstalled.

Do you work for Spotify or are you a Community Moderator? This needs to be escalated to Spotify Developers as it is they that decide how info is displayed, not the car manufacturer.

Sorry about the confusion @user-removed. You're right, this was a bad on our end. 

We've investigated further and can confirm that this is indeed most likely caused by the screen resolution of the particular infotainment system and how CarPlay interfaces with Spotify and displays the data being sent.

However, the way Spotify sends this information is standardized and we cannot make a specific change for a specific car model. This might be something to bring up with Seat actually, as a firmware update would be better suited to remedy this, but we also understand that this might not be something Seat can address as well.

We are aware of the fact that the Spotify experience on many car models isn't optimal, which is one of the main motivations behind us developing Car Thing.  So far, its in testing phase in the US only, but this might be something to look into in the future to improve your Spotify on the drive experience.

Apologies again for the misunderstanding and that we're not able to provide a direct solution for this. Hope you can understand. Take care!

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts