Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 8

Operating System

iOS 10

My Question or Issue

For over a week now, none of my downloaded artists or albums are showing up while offline. All songs saved to a playlist are able to play, but I can't listen to, or search for, any other song/artist/album not in a playlist. It just displays a black screen. This issue is making my premium subscription useless. I do expect some kind of resolution for this problem. If not, I will be forced to cancel my subscription, which is also connected to Hulu. It may not look good for Spotify if I tell Hulu I'm canceling my service because their business partner can't take care of their subscribers.

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled my app, deleted my cache,  and double checked that my subscription hasn't been canceled. None of these have worked!! Please Help!

11 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Artists and Albums not loading Offline

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hey @LSKline25, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Could you try checking for available updates of Spotify and iOS? Which are the exact versions for both that you have?

Try using the Sign Out Everywhere option from your Spotify account page to see if that makes a difference.

Thanks and take care 🙂

LoxerRock Star 16
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

Casual Listener

This happened shortly after the most recent update last week. I am using version 8.5.49.1123. I have tried logging out everywhere but that hasn't worked either. 

Highlighted

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hey @LSKline25,

Just to clarify that you won't be able to do things that require an internet connection like looking at artists profiles. You can use the search to find the songs you have downloaded and not find new songs and listen to them offline (you would need to download them first like you did with the playlist you mentioned).

Hope it helps and take care 🙂

LoxerRock Star 16
Highlighted

Visitor

I am also having this same issues. When I am offline and go to the artist tab I am greeted with a black screen 

Highlighted

Casual Listener

D4B51D8A-8D48-454B-889A-DB1864B48367.jpeg

I am having the same issue, when offline i cant search under artists, but the songs are in the downloaded song section, the problem started about a week ago after the latest updates 

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Somehow this issue resolved itself? At least for now. Either way, other people are still having this issue, given the most recent comments. As to your search bar point, that did not work for me. It would say "No Internet Connection", unless the song was in a downloaded playlist. Even if the song (or album) was downloaded, the song would not show up in the search bar while offline. 

Highlighted

Regular
Same issue here... Please Spotify, solve this problem. Lot of people with same issue... we are paying for it, remember?
Highlighted

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hey @swansongforyou@LSKline25@bglynn94@Ericpagee,

Are you still having this issue?

Could you try a clean reinstall?

Keep me posted and take care 🙂

LoxerRock Star 16
Highlighted

Regular
Seems solved since the last update a few days ago. Thanks.
PD: still the issue playing just one song and stop (when play an album) in offline mode. some work to do yet..
SUGGESTED POSTS