NEXT STEP

Autoplay

Autoplay

Premium

Device

iPhone 7 Plus/Desktop iMac

Operating System

iOS 10

I liked the autoplay option.  I have it selected on but it isn't working.  If I have a playlist it use to end and then the random songs would begin but not anymore.  Again, it is set to autoplay already in settings.  Any ideas as to what is going on?

Thanks.

7 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps. I'd also recommend checking this support article about Autoplay 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Hi, have the same issue too, on iPhone 8+ under iOS 12.

Version of Spotify App is 8.4.73.780.

Restarting the phone didn't work, nor reinstalling the app.

Please help !

Hello Ray, did you ever get autoplay to work again? I’m having the same problem.

Hey folks,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! Just jumping in here to add some extra tips to what @Loxer suggested.

If the restart and clean reinstall didn't do the trick ,make sure that your app is updated to the latest version. If the issue still persists, try turning autoplay off and logging off and back in again before reenabling it. This way the account can properly sync to our servers.

If the issue persists, could you let us know if it comes up across different devices and different playlists? The make/model ,OS and Spotify versions of the devices your tried would help us out a lot in identifying the root cause of the problem. You can also attach a screenshot of the autoplay option in the settings menu, just make sure to hide any personal/sensitive info.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello, I updated phone software to iOS 13.7 and autoplay is working now. Thank you.

Update- that was last night. This morning it has stopped working. FYI, I logged out, uninstalled Spotify, turned phone off, and out everything back again and still not working.

Hey @Autoplay_broken,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

Do you have the option to test it out on another device and see if the issue comes up also there? It would be great if you could also log in on your iPhone with another account and let us know if autoplay functions correctly there. You can create a free one here

We'd appreciate if you also post a screenshot of how the autoplay option is displayed in your setting menu.

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts