Announcements
Hi folks! We're aware of reports about your Wrapped stories misbehaving and we're looking into it. We've managed to fix the issue with the Wrapped banner/stories not showing up. More info here. If the stories cause your app to stop responding, please subscribe here. Also, check out our Wrapped FAQ for answers to common questions.

Bad music recommendation

Bad music recommendation

user-removed
Not applicable

I have problem about music recommendations. Once at work I was listening lo-fi music playlist for few hours. And now most of my recommendations is lo-fi. I don’t listening it now. And I was not added any of lo-fi songs to my playlists and favourite tracks. 
Discover of the week - full of lo-fi 

How can I clear my music listening history or somehow else edit my recommendations 

2 Replies

Re: Bad music recommendation

Rock Star 18
Rock Star 18

Hi there @user-removed,

thanks for reaching out !

The Spotify app learn it's users by their music history.

This means that the more you listen to a certain type of music, the more recommendations you get from that same plays.

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to effect it directly but to listen to your favorite tracks.

I was able to find this two suggestions about the same matter here and here.

Make sure to add your +VOTE and comment to promote them.

Hope this helps.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

OneByBooRock Star 18
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Re: Bad music recommendation

Roadie

Yep you can’t affect it directly. I suggest making a playlist of your favourite songs and playing it overnight to shift recommendations back to what you like.

SUGGESTED POSTS