Premium

Country

Poland

Device

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Operating System

iOS 14.1

My Question or Issue

There is a problem with listening songs using iOS version of Spotify in my car by bluetooth, song quality is very very bad, it looks like there is problem with bluetooth connection. During playing song, music randomly loss some packages, many times in one song. It is really frustrating. This problem doesn't appears in different apps like YouTube, so this is a problem with iOS version of Spotify. It also doesn't appears in Android version, I checked it. Sound quality in my JBL headphones using bluetooth is great, so it is problem with car play and I don't understand difference between using bluetooth in headphones and in car. I can record short movie to show you exactly this problem if you want. I tried to on/off bluetooth in car and phone, I deleted and install app again, but I still have this problem.

So to sum up: Sound in JBL headphones (JBL Tube 700BT) is perfect. Sound in car (Seat Leon from 2016) is really bad! There is no problem listening to music by bluetooth using different music iOS app like YouTube in this car. There is also no problem with Android version of Spotify (Samsung Galaxy Note 9). So it's something wrong with iOS version of Spotify.

11 Replies

Hey @michal2b,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're happy to help.

Can you perform a clean reinstall of the app to make sure there's on old cache files causing this?

If that doesn't do the trick - can you let us know which version of the app you have.

It would be great if you can provide us a screen recording as well.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi @Jeremy

I made clean reinstall of app from your link, but the problem still exists. I have the newest version of Spotify.

Hi there @michal2b,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you check if there are any firmware updates for your car's onboard system? Also let us know if this has started happening recently.

And just for the info, could you tell us the exact version of your Spotify app ( You can find it in Settings > About > Version) and your exact iOS version.

We'll be on the lookout for your response 🙂

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Alex,

Spotify version: 8.5.84.680

I don't have any firmware updates of my car onboard system.

I have this problem for several months, so this not happened recently. 

What is strange for me is that I don't have any problems with music quality in my BT headphones and in my car different apps for music works well.

I attached video with audio from my car camera, you can hear now sound quality on your own.

Any answer?

Hey @michal2b,

Thanks for getting back to us and apologies for the delayed response.

Unfortunately, we haven't been able to reproduce this issue on our end, and we haven't heard back from other users confirming the issue.

As you mentioned, the Bluetooth connectivity of the app functions as expected when using your headphones. This leads us to believe that the issue is not related to the integrity of the app files or your account.

With this in mind, if we can't get confirmation from other users who can reproduce this issue using different devices/cars, we can't know whether this is down to a user's specific set up or not.

With this in mind, we recommend tat you reach out to the head unit manufacturer. Do make sure to keep your app updated, and do let us know if there's anything else we can help with in the meantime.

Thank you for your understanding 

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I’m having the same issue with my 2020 Mazda CX-5 while using CarPlay. It works on Apple Music, serous XM (basically all but Spotify).

I tried a different phone and Spotify sounds good. I also tried music from other services and those sound good too (so this leads me to believe that it is not my car., and that it’s specifically my device’s music output only from Spotify, meaning, it’s Spotify that’s the issue.

iPhone 12

iOS 14.3

Spotify v 8.5.86.739

I have the same issue. I have a 2018 Toyota 4runner. I just switched to Spotify from Apple Music and Spotify is so quiet and unbalanced. I have messed with the equalizer and nothing seems to sound right. 

Same issue, 2020 mazda cx-5 on apple carplay poor audio quality. Not the case over nonwired bluetooth or with Android phone. No new firmware update on phone or car. Most recent spotify app. 

i’m having the same problem did you find a fix

Suggested posts