NEXT STEP

Bluetooth public wifi incident at LAX

Solved!

Bluetooth public wifi incident at LAX

Plan =Premium

Country = USA (LAX airport)

Device = iPhone 6plus

Operating System = (iOS 12.1.2)

I had just connected my Bose bluetooth headphones to my spotify on my iPhone (whilst on LAX public wifi) when the playlist I was listening to was interrupted by something - a new playlist popped up (called 'Kiddyasser') and started playing on my headphones.

This was music I have never listened to - not really my thing - far from what is on my spotify, so I know it's not some Spotify recommendation blooper. I stopped it, but since then I've found that these songs are all favourited on my spotify account, as are the albums and the playlist was saved on my device as well.

Really strange. I've even had to re-delete the songs since. Was this someone intentionally doing this for lolz? or some kind of bluetooth/public wifi perfect storm? This playlist and its songs are listed on heavy rotation on my account too, when I listened to about 10 seconds of it before stopping it. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @malvernator and welcome to the Community! 🙂
If you are seeing unusual activity on your account, Spotify has a support page dedicated to this which I highly recommend.
I hope it can help answer your questions and resolve any future concerns.

Have a wonderful day! 🙂

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @malvernator and welcome to the Community! 🙂
If you are seeing unusual activity on your account, Spotify has a support page dedicated to this which I highly recommend.
I hope it can help answer your questions and resolve any future concerns.

Have a wonderful day! 🙂

Thanks for the reply, Bethany! Whoever took over my account didn't change the password - but they did change the language to 'español' ! I've changed the password and cancelled my premium in any case

Suggested posts